Just a reminder of what this is supposed to look like when completed:

813-1932.jpg

That would be a handsome building. What is going up facing north is not promising.

there's no comparison with one old mill
oneoldmill-building-1.jpg

Going by it yesterday, other than that small area of blue panel, the building glazing match the rendering.

We (I) have never seen the rendering for the rear and no idea why the change here.

It takes away from the building looks at this time and have to see what it looks like once the bricks are in place.

Jan 23rd pics. I walk by this project quite a bit, and you can't get much closer to the subway. My hope is that the Midas site is going to be developed next.

I think that the front (south-facing side) of this project is looking rather decent. Really liking the windows and the brick. It fits its neighbourhood very well.

IMG_4534_zps4d843cc8.jpg

IMG_4535_zps8d2bbb93.jpg

^ Wow...its coming along very well. I'm still shocked that I have yet to be called for any upgrade / colour selection meetings.

Unfortunatly that back brick wall is going to be tagged all day long.

Looks very banal to me, just as the rendering did. It's just one big "meh".

True, the cladding looks quite mediocre with a bad colour palette. However, the built form of this development is great for the area and I await the street level retail details to determine its overall grade. The building will surely contribute a lot to the furthering of the neighbourhood and I would love to see more like it along that stretch as it is so close to High Park and the emerging Junction Triangle (still stinging from the Giraffe debacle!)

I think some people are being too harsh. It looks fine so far and it is a great addition certainly to this neighbourhood. Bloor and Danforth (along with the other "Avenues") need more like this.

I've not seen any workers for the past week or so - looks like they are taking a break. Is this because of the cold weather?

Back