I like the interiors, but I can't say I care for the actual design at all. One One is enough.

Given the scale of this proposal, they really need to look at simplifying the PATH connection through the ACC. It's inadequate for the current crop of buildings and will be crippled by this one.

Escalators at a minimum with doors that actually look like they are going somewhere.

Ah.. that's somewhat good news!

Who wants to take bets on when MLSE demolishes and rebuilds the entire portion of the ACC abutting the rail corridor? The small office tower would make for a great hotel/office combo, with the remainder of the work making the building integrate better with its new surroundings.

The new pictures make me like it a bit more. The height is impressive, at 920ft this will be even taller than Scotia Tower! With the girth, it will be a beast on the skyline. Im excited! We now have four solid office proposals (THE HUB, Commerce Court Three, Union Centre, 160 Front).

Last edited:
I agree with an earlier poster who called the proposal "beefy." Seems a tad cold for a landmark spot on Toronto's skyline. I like the unconventional street level.

Who wants to take bets on when MLSE demolishes and rebuilds the entire portion of the ACC abutting the rail corridor? The small office tower would make for a great hotel/office combo, with the remainder of the work making the building integrate better with its new surroundings.

I believe that portion of the building is heritage-designated.

A few thoughts:

- having one vehicle ramp for both deliveries and parking will be difficult. I expect back-ups onto Harbour St.
- to get down from the PATH to get to the elevators it looks like you need to take 2 sets of escalators. (1 York has one long escalator). Am I mistaken? Will be a pinch point for traffic (or do they want this to drive foot traffic for retail)
- if there is not a wind tunnel effect the area between the old & new buildings (with overhang) will be a great patio.

Ah.. that's somewhat good news!

I have been hoping that the ACC would covert some of the interior concession area along the PATH into food stalls. During the games it could be walled off so they can sell to fans. And at lunch they could sell to office workers. Union Market on the first floor used to do this (do they still?).

They could even have a full sit down area on the SW corner.

Having this extra revenue would give them the incentive to upgrade the PATH with escalators, etc.

It's kinda crazy that they are not trying to sell to the thousands of people that walk through their building every day.

- having one vehicle ramp for both deliveries and parking will be difficult. I expect back-ups onto Harbour St.

The transportation report is actually pretty interesting, and the 159-page-story-short version is that there isn't a lot of parking demand in major downtown office towers and there isn't predicted to be here. The report examined CC, FCP, TD, Brookfield, and Waterpark Place and found an oversupply of parking across those buildings; parking demands ranged from 55% to 85% of supply.

In all, here they are anticipating only 3% of all AM peak hour trips to be made by car, represented by just 83 car trips (vs. 2,143 transit trips; 181 walking trips; and 94 cycling trips).

Also, add this building to this list of those with vehicular turntables.

In 5 months the ACC becomes the Scotiabank Arena in a 20 year deal worth $800 million. It's peanuts selling peanuts to passersby.

This building provides 280 parking spaces. Not much considering over 5,000 employees will likely work here. It's likely going to allow for about 5% of employees to drive and park in the building.

Back