Can’t figure out if the Harbour building is left untouched or somewhat touched. ;)

For those who like illustrations. This building will be the third highest office tower. And eleventh place overall with other built, proposed and under construction skyscrapers in Toronto as seen on Skyscraperpage ! Thanks Koops 65 for always updating things as they happen !

As a Harbour Plaza resident, my 2 cents
  • The PATH for this building is very interesting:
1) Where the heck is the PATH going to connect at Harbour Plaza? The lobby for the bridge is tiny, are they going to bottleneck it there? The doors already open into Harbour Plaza so if they come into that lobby, the doors will need to be flipped. I mean the connection can't be pushed back too far as it'll hit the handicap ramp.
1a) If the connection goes where I think it will, it'll enter directly across from the 88 Harbour PATH entrance :(
2) When this building is built the PATH from Union Square to RBC is going to be nuts. Already, during rush hour, there are bottlenecks all over the place:
a) The stairs up from ACC are only 4 people wide, at rush hour the prominent direction already takes 3 with spillover into the opposite direction
b) The large columns right across from MLS split flow already and restrict flow
c) The connection between MLS and the Gardiner bridge is barely 3 people wide with just a double door (same as the other side.)​
  • The driveway for this building will be literally right next to the Harbour Plaza lobby drive way. Lots of people are going to go into the wrong driveway.
  • This will guarantee a success for the retail in the Harbour Plaza PATH level, as well as the food court on 5th. Menkes must be popping bottles right now.
  • This will also mean the gym on 5th (shared public and condo gym) is going to be a mess during peak periods :(
  • The Penthouse owners aren't going to be happy their super view is now interrupted. Lol
Overall, I'm just glad I didn't get a east facing unit as they'll all now be staring into offices.

Last edited:
the PATH connection is to Harbour Plaza roughly halfway down the building, south of the bridge under the gardiner and the steps up in Harbour Plaza.

This does not have a food court in it, though it does have a significant amount of retail by the looks of it. I imagine that the Harbour Plaza food court will be quite busy with this, yes.

lUApKWU.jpg

No. Weinstein is not building this.

LOL! I still can't tell if the glass enclosure is against the Harbour building (creating an atrium) or it's being kept completely untouched by the new development.

LOL! I still can't tell if the glass enclosure is against the Harbour building (creating an atrium) or it's being kept completely untouched by the new development.

Another rendering from the Planning Rationale showing the atrium:

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 397
Of course everything is possible, but i doubt it, after all this is Toronto

Maybe you don't remember the 1990's and 2000's when very little got built in the commercial space? I clearly remember the early days of UT when the expansion of the Rogers Campus (south end added) and the construction of the 20 storey Maritime Life building was as good as it got. Could easily stop again.

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at Wednesday Feb 28, 2018 10.55.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at Wednesday Feb 28, 2018 10.54.18 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at Wednesday Feb 28, 2018 10.55.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at Wednesday Feb 28, 2018 10.55.00 AM.png
    924.6 KB · Views: 347
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at Wednesday Feb 28, 2018 10.54.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at Wednesday Feb 28, 2018 10.54.18 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 343
I wish the glass wasn't as dark as some of the details may get lost in it. Thinking of Alvin, couldn't they incorporate the high rise elevators and one emergency stairwell into the exterior?

Back