Another busy day on the site today. They were rolling the surface of the pit making it extra smooth and trucks were delivering loads of gravel.
I counted about 35 workers on site on Thursday if anyone's interested in such things.
"For each caisson, 18 truckloads worth of concrete is required."
24/32 as of Feb 27 so likely getting close
Sweet! They're flying along then, considering it takes a blocks-length of concrete trucks for each pour.
This site has been very very busy lately. Most days they are working until 9-10 pm, quite noisy.

I couldn't agree more. Honestly I could download a picture from a year ago, upload it and say it was from yesterday and almost no one would notice. Large crane, larger crawler crane, large round casing pipe, hole, occasional rebar cage and repeat. haha.

What on earth are you talking about? This was still at grade a year ago.

all you pessimistic folks need to take a chill pill ok. this is the most complicated project/ site size Toronto has seen in last 15-20 years. it will take sometime before it reaches street level. all these workers working on the site are not playing around they are actually working and you can see the equipment moving around and you can see the cement trucks. :mad:

Last edited:
all you pessimistic folks need to take a chill pill ok. this is the most complicated project/ site size Toronto has seen in last 15-20 years. it will take sometime before it reaches street level. all these workers working on the site are not playing around they are actually working and you can see the equipment moving around and you can see the cement trucks and the pouring and better don't bring Benito into your pessimistic agenda, he is doing us a favour by posting all these pics otherwise we would have thought that this project is dead because of its pace based on its complicated engineering. :mad:
You might want to read my quote again about Benito before making such an inaccurate comment.

For all we don't see on the ground, there's approaching about 500 truckloads of concrete for the super-columns below the surface. It won't be long before we start seeing one of the more intricate builds rise above Yonge/Bloor, thanks entirely to the long and arduous work that's been going on the last year. Patience is a virtue, this one will be worth it!

Casual 40 tonne lift

If my eyes are not deceiving me, it looks like they've started uncovering the supercolumns
Those look too small to be the columns we've seen them piling..maybe just some leftover equipment?

Back