It can't get any worse....at least I hope not. Still boggles the mind that CIBC Square with a much larger scope of work and complexity started at the same time.

The two developments are not really comparable at all. There are multiple construction gates for CIBC vs one laneway for theOne.
Excavation at One is a painstaking process where one excavator has to pass the dirt to a smaller bucket excavator, which then lifts up into the dumptruck. It's one step up from having guys shovel their way out.
Also, CIBC is a bank with virtually unlimited funds to speed up the process. The two projects are hardly similar.

Everyone seems to be disregarding the size of these supercolumns (something we haven't seen yet here). It's a small site with some massive underground work going on...just because we don't see upward progress doesn't mean there hasn't been substantial underground progress.

Everyone seems to be disregarding the size of these supercolumns (something we haven't seen yet here). It's a small site with some massive underground work going on...just because we don't see upward progress doesn't mean there hasn't been substantial underground progress.
A couple of ignorant trolls is far from 'everyone'

somemidtowner work is happening at 45 broad street. here is another pic of workers at the site.

Attachments

• the one.jpg
    the one.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 359
Drilling 32 mega caissons and filling them with giant rebar cages, and a combined volume of 12,096m^3 of concrete. That's a whole lotta work - you just cant see it.

Edit - Great to hear about the penthouse. Hope it can be confirmed soon.

The two developments are not really comparable at all. There are multiple construction gates for CIBC vs one laneway for theOne.
Excavation at One is a painstaking process where one excavator has to pass the dirt to a smaller bucket excavator, which then lifts up into the dumptruck. It's one step up from having guys shovel their way out.
Also, CIBC is a bank with virtually unlimited funds to speed up the process. The two projects are hardly similar.
"Also, CIBC is a bank with virtually unlimited funds to speed up the process.".....this is the key phrase. I can tell you from experience that speed and schedule are almost directly proportionate to funds. The demands by the client are also very different. Large corporations with money will not tolerate missing schedule but it goes beyond just schedule. CIBC Square has demonstrated the utmost professionalism in their communication etc. They have issued detailed weekly construction updates. Brookfield is similar in the way they conduct themselves. I don't have the original schedule or the construction management contract, but I would bet a lot that this project is behind schedule and not just a couple of weeks.

CIBC Square has demonstrated the utmost professionalism in their communication etc. They have issued detailed weekly construction updates. Brookfield is similar in the way they conduct themselves. I don't have the original schedule or the construction management contract, but I would bet a lot that this project is behind schedule and not just a couple of weeks.

Good for them but they are very much an outlier.
Mizrahi and the CM here don't owe anybody anything with regards to construction updates.

I for one much prefer the design of 1BW.

Really, much prefer? 45 just looks like a building that would lend itself to the name "The One", in terms of it's Art Deco style, and height, and to comparisons to Rockefeller Center. While I was never in love with The One, every new design since then just feels worse than the one that came before it.

If one example wasn't enough I dug up another example of complicated engineering that is 9 DeKalb in Brooklyn, broke ground in March 2017. I read about 10 pages and just three people had concerns that this building is on hold but were told "its meticulous work".

Look at colour and detail of this supertall that they're building in Brooklyn's downtown core in the photo up above ! Makes you wonder why we can't have something similar here .

Back