I am speaking entirely hypothetically here when I say this...but even crane lifting a box of residents when need be could work...

...that said, I would strongly question our public regards to personal safety and livelihoods at this point...as this would be pretty much Atlas Shrugged on steroids when it comes value engineering here, IMO. >.<

What a difference a day makes! Here are photos I took yesterday:

20230726_110829.jpg
20230726_110835.jpg
20230726_110842.jpg
20230726_110854.jpg

Here are some photos taken just now. I have a gut feeling we'll see another floor pour tomorrow.

20230727_115600.jpg
20230727_115632.jpg

What a difference a day makes! Here are photos I took yesterday:

View attachment 495451View attachment 495452View attachment 495453View attachment 495454

Here are some photos taken just now. I have a gut feeling we'll see another floor pour tomorrow.

View attachment 495457View attachment 495458

Great updates as usual. It seems they still have to layout out 50% of the floor rebar and conduits plus the blue bases for the cladding. I wouldn’t be totally surprised if they pour it tomorrow but I would wager on Monday. The forecast also calls for rain tomorrow afternoon so they may schedule it for Monday anyways.

It feels like they are moving along super fast with regard to finishing-type touches on the base.

Does anyone have an idea if this is because they intend to open the base before the tower is finished topping out?
Is that even possible?
The intent is to open at least the retail while the tower is still under construction. Not sure about anything else on the lower levels, but technically anything that's accessed by the secondary elevator core could be opened as it's not dependent on the tower above being completed.

Aura also opened its retail before the tower was finished, so this won't even be the first time something like this has happened in Toronto.

Great updates as usual. It seems they still have to layout out 50% of the floor rebar and conduits plus the blue bases for the cladding. I wouldn’t be totally surprised if they pour it tomorrow but I would wager on Monday. The forecast also calls for rain tomorrow afternoon so they may schedule it for Monday anyways.
Thanks. So far, it's seems they pour the day after the electrical conduits start getting placed, so, you never know. I noticed a section of crane sitting on Yonge St just now.

The intent is to open at least the retail while the tower is still under construction. Not sure about anything else on the lower levels, but technically anything that's accessed by the secondary elevator core could be opened as it's not dependent on the tower above being completed.

Aura also opened it's retail before the tower was finished, so this won't even be the first time something like this has happened in Toronto.
Indeed. As long as precautions are taken to protect everyone from the construction above, it’s much better than having empty storefronts 7-8 years after construction is done (looking at the neighbour across the street).

seems the super columns had their first girth reduction? what floor did that happen on, when is next one?

Back