1000001458.jpg
finally got to see it in person today

You know I was thinkin’ the exact same thing. And while that portion of TD Terrace kinda does just makes the rest of the building on the ground level look kinda off to me. But in my opinion, it does not ruin the overall look/aspect of the building itself. Just that specific area along Front Street, but I can see why you don’t like it all that much.
...and the developers, along with the architects, likely didn't want to have a podium that both distracted from the both heritage portion as well as the tower itself, for good or bad.

On Friday, they poured the columns. These photos are from yesterday (Saturday). The workers were putting orange tarps on top of the columns. I notice that there is some form work going on lower down in the corners, where the diagonal beams are.

20240120_085803.jpg
20240120_094218.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone heard what the receiver plans to do with the existing purchase contracts? We have heard nothing yet.
...I am not sure how that works when the units looks like they're still being constructed. Unless, what we're seeing being built here is a 91 story empty shell or something.

It just looks off.
I don't think there's anything wrong with the colour, for me it's the rhythm of the window spacing.

The windows of the heritage structure are not spaced equally, they're spaced in groups of 2 separated by pilasters. The new facade has groups of 3, spaced equally. This is one of those examples where attention to a small detail can result in "respecting the heritage," even with modern materials, details, etc. Combine that with some kind of cornicing, and I think no one batts an eye at the colour.

That her face at first just ghostly ... turned a whiter shade of pale

Hmmmmmm ...

Feel like going with a British racing green or another dark accent color for the currently painted yellow trim on the heritage building might have worked better.
The yellow feels a bit off there ... will need to see it in person.

Back