The Beer Store has closed now:

20200308_102520.jpg
20200308_102506.jpg

Interesting, as per TOMaps; the southerly 2 lots are noted as 46R Laing Street behind 46/48; though clearly divided off by a fence

The 3rd lot up still appears to be tied to 50 Laing; though there does seem to be a backyard fence diving off the rear lot.

Behind 52 is a severed 52R lot, while no fence is obvious there is a shadow in-line with the fence behind 50, that may well be a fence also.

1608911824602.png

The most southerly of these lots was occupied by wrecked cars when Google went by in June of 2019.

1608911644995.png

No signage to indicate who's using the lot in those photos, but I'm assuming it's these folks who are just across the lane (aka Sears St), whose frontage is on Eastern:

1608911747212.png

The southern most lot was emptied of old cars recently. I hope something is up. I allso hope the wrecking yard will close. At this point it’s a hope only.

I saw some soil samplers (I think) on the (emptied of cars) lot on Sears street the other day. Regarding 'The Poet' the shoring drilling machine moved from the north side of the lot to the south side a couple of week ago. That's about it.

The Development and Timeline

A six-storey residential building is being constructed by Queen Leslie Developments Limited at 1285 Queen Street East. The site is bounded by Queen Street East to the north, single storey commercial building to the east, Memory Lane to the south and a single storey retail building to the west. The development, in its completed form, will consist of 77 dwelling units with ground-floor retail, a single-level underground parking garage for approximately 37 vehicles and a loading door. Permanent access will be from Queen Street East.

A detailed review of the construction schedule was undertaken by the developer to minimize the project duration and impacts of the construction on all road users. Based on the information provided by the developer, the entire site will be excavated lot line to lot line on all four sides. The developer has advised that due to limited availability of space, all construction activities, including delivery and storage of construction materials, cannot be accommodated within the site.

Major construction activities and associated timelines for the development are described below:

• Excavation and shoring: March 2021 to December 2021;
• Below grade formwork: January 2022 to March 2022
• Above grade formwork: April 2022 to August 2022;
• Building envelope phase: July 2022 to October 2022; and
• Interior finishes stage: December 2022 to June 2023.

A construction staging area will be set up within the road right-of-way on the south side of Queen Street East and north side of Memory Lane, abutting the site for a period of 25 months.

Back