^ I hope your hopes don't come true about that. I am a big fan of the larger red accents. They are stunning and well balanced. I actually think they make it look more cohesive rather than those modest little window panels.

That's only if it's spicy salsa lol. What we have here is still mild...maybe a little medium. But certainly nothing to burn one's tongue!

I disagree. They've managed to make the reno look tacky. It looked much better when it was smaller accents of red, and the black window frames stood out. These red panels just stand out way too much. An accent shouldn't steal the show.

Too much lipstick on the pig now.

lipstick-on-a-pig.jpg

http://dynamicmachinedesign.com

Completely agree. To make it worse, they are not even aligned with the tops and bottoms of the adjacent window frames.

It's not a matter of pleasing everyone all the time. They had everyone pleased up until this point. Nobody was saying anything negative about this until those red panels went up. If it was a matter of pleasing everyone at the same time, they would've left it as is.

Point is, they were nailing this project. It's still a huge improvement over what it was, but those panels don't help it - hence the feeling that they are tacked on. They weren't needed to begin with.

That's only if it's spicy salsa lol. What we have here is still mild...maybe a little medium. But certainly nothing to burn one's tongue!

Some people are more sensitive to spiciness than others. In other words, even mild salsa can feel flaming hot depending on the person.

Last edited:
Tuscani just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.

It's good to think outside of the box. Try something different push some boundaries. Not everyone will agree but it's a good step in creative evolution. If you stop just cause everyone is "ok with it" doesn't push any boundaries or encourage creativity.

If you think the additional red panels added to this renovation are "outside the box" and part of any "creative evolution" then I would suggest you subscribe to some architecture publications/journals/blogs and take a look what's out there.

I disagree. They've managed to make the reno look tacky. It looked much better when it was smaller accents of red, and the black window frames stood out. These red panels just stand out way too much. An accent shouldn't steal the show.

Too much lipstick on the pig now.

lipstick-on-a-pig.jpg

http://dynamicmachinedesign.com
I like the added red panels. Those small rectangles of red in the window, were too insignificant for me. I need something a bit more dramatic. I think it's looking pretty good and I welcome more red panels.

The middle building will be getting windows replacement too. Also the white middle area left over will be covered with some kind of wood.

Back