Took the 510 down to the Well yesterday - despite the streetcar's slow trundle, stepping off with the nice pavers and architecture in the background is a lovely, novel type of Toronto urbanity.

Rekindled my desire for an extension of the Well's concept to the other side of Spadina:

well 2.1.PNG

Came on here to check if there were plans for the property...oof, 400 Front. I guess they can't all be winners

The place is crawling with security guards, if you appeared and they did not allow dogs you would be 'stuck'. Always good to know what you may (or may not) do - even if you ignore it!
I feel like someone posted up a pic awhile back of a plaque outlining 20 different rules for the joint. Not sure if it included dogs, but would be the online place to start

Similarly, my mom out in Victoria BC sent me a CBC article on The Well and was like "have you been here?" and told me she wants to check it out next time she's in TO. It's definitely getting attention from people who aren't in the architecture/development bubble!
My partner is not interested in architecture, etc. and wanted to see it because of tiktok and insta.

It was unfortunately a bit dead with the mix of tenants they have. Maybe summer will be better.

Took the 510 down to the Well yesterday - despite the streetcar's slow trundle, stepping off with the nice pavers and architecture in the background is a lovely, novel type of Toronto urbanity.

Rekindled my desire for an extension of the Well's concept to the other side of Spadina:

View attachment 530129

Came on here to check if there were plans for the property...oof, 400 Front. I guess they can't all be winners
looks good

Last edited:

View attachment 530129

...yeah, it's a Kirkor jankyland..where value engineering and cost effective materials are deeply ingrained philosophies for that project, I thinks. As long as residents pay the marked up prices, there will be likely little care or interests for things like ergonomic right-of-ways, public amenities and/or pleasing aesthetics. /sigh

I met up with some friends at The Well today and had time to really explore every nook and corner. There’s a glaring problem: the only escalators are on the Spadina end, so when you’re by Arcadia Earth (opposite end) and want to go to Indigo (directly below), you either have to take the elevators (wait time not as quick as you’d expect for 2 elevators serving only 3 floors), walk back to the escalators and then basically retrace your steps on the first floor to Indigo, or take the fire stairwell across from the elevators (probably the quickest way, but it’s not pretty). They should have added escalators at the rear end of the building or at least a decent stairway like the ones from the first floor to the basement (future Wellington Market).

I met up with some friends at The Well today and had time to really explore every nook and corner. There’s a glaring problem: the only escalators are on the Spadina end, so when you’re by Arcadia Earth (opposite end) and want to go to Indigo (directly below), you either have to take the elevators (wait time not as quick as you’d expect for 2 elevators serving only 3 floors), walk back to the escalators and then basically retrace your steps on the first floor to Indigo, or take the fire stairwell across from the elevators (probably the quickest way, but it’s not pretty). They should have added escalators at the rear end of the building or at least a decent stairway like the ones from the first floor to the basement (future Wellington Market).
While it's a problem now, it's a small issue and will be resolved when the wellington market opens in the spring. theres multiple escalators there to the 3rd floor there

While it's a problem now, it's a small issue and will be resolved when the wellington market opens in the spring. theres multiple escalators there to the 3rd floor there
There is also an escalator on the north side adjacent to one of the residential buildings that is still being worked on.

Back