Its the Annex- I've sold and leased enough in the area to know lol. If you want to get technical its classified as C02 Annex, Summerhill is around Walker, Alcorn, Birch etc.

Crane.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    847.2 KB · Views: 1,342
Its the Annex- I've sold and leased enough in the area to know lol. If you want to get technical its classified as C02 Annex, Summerhill is around Walker, Alcorn, Birch etc.

The Annex’s eastern boundary is Avenue (as seen here, among other places). Real estate doesn’t determine a neighbourhood’s boundaries; the history of the city does.

The Annex’s eastern boundary is Avenue (as seen here, among other places). Real estate doesn’t determine a neighbourhood’s boundaries; the history of the city does.

Technically correct but no one will or ever has outside of planning refer to the area south of Roxborough as Summerhill. I'm pretty sure 99% of residents who live just north of Ramsden actually think they are in Rosedale. A client of mine who lives on Roxborough west of Yonge (and who is an architect BTW), once told a local society dame that he lives in Rosedale, upon which said lady told him that "I'm not exactly sure where you live, but it is NOT Rosedale." I'm sure she lived at 2 Roxborough EAST.

Anyway, I don't want to get into an argument about the whole thing. I always thought of the area between Av and Dav, Yonge and Roxborough West as existing in some sort of undefined in-between state between Yorkville, Rosedale, Summerhill and the Annex.

I agree that Yorkville or even Rosedale are pretty reasonable interpretations of this spot, though not the Annex.

(I'm really interested in neighbourhood boundaries; I make maps for Spacing)

I agree that Yorkville or even Rosedale are pretty reasonable interpretations of this spot, though not the Annex.

(I'm really interested in neighbourhood boundaries; I make maps for Spacing)

Why don't you call that area "Ramsden Park" or "Roxborough". That would make it pretty clear. This area is markedly different than Rosedale proper. By the way- does anyone know what Farnham and Balmoral are classified as?

"Holland Park! Holland Park! It's not on the outskirts, either. It's not the edge of Holland Park. This is the rich heartland of Holland Park here".
-Absolutely Fabulous-

I think it's pretty amusing that people are arguing that a condo called "Yorkville Condominiums" is in the Annex.

Why don't you call that area "Ramsden Park" or "Roxborough". That would make it pretty clear. This area is markedly different than Rosedale proper. By the way- does anyone know what Farnham and Balmoral are classified as?

Farnham is in Summerhill and Balmoral is in Deer Park.

According to this link, both are in Deer Park: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deer_Park,_Toronto

In reality, I doubt that many residents of either street would identify their location that way.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 436
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 431
  • image.jpg