News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Star tower is rising. L Tower does have three basement levels too.

Hello Mongo,

Clear Spirit is rising - the crane was installed a week or so ago.

AHK

Change to Clear Spirit made.

Also updated Burano's height.

Last edited:
Added Hullmark Centre north tower, per reports of excavation activity on site.

Removed Hullmark Centre on report that excavation has not yet started.

Last edited:
It's amazing that in the updated version Crystal Blu got pushed off the list. 39 floors is nothing to sneeze at! A sign of boom times for sure....

And there's still a lot more coming. U Condos (55 floors 184m + 45 floors 154m) is supposed to start in October, plus numerous projects with unknown (to me) start dates that are also at least 150m in height -- I count 13 additional towers. They might not all get started in the next couple of years (especially not the office towers), and some of the current 150m+ towers will have been completed by then, but I would still expect at least 25 150m+ towers to be under construction in two years time.

Compare those numbers to New York City, with 11 150m+ towers currently under construction, or Chicago, with NONE! Even Hong Kong currently has only a handful of 150m+ towers under construction (according to SSP).

Last edited:
Ground has definitely not been broken on Hullmark Centre. The parking is still being used and you can walk along the entire length of the plaza Some of the business may still be open too. There's only a small fenced in area likely for soil sampling.

No bloody way Chicago has NONE above 150M under construction. I don't know 'em but I've seen 'em.

Last edited:
I don't think Festival Tower is completely topped out. The concrete may be done but I'm pretty sure there's still some steel to go at the top to complete the height.

No bloody way Chicago has NONE above 150M under construction. I don't know 'em but I've seen 'em.

Chicago has two supertalls currently on hold: the Chicago Spire (610m) and Waterview Tower (319m). The tallest towers currently under construction are One Museum Park West (181m) and 215 West Washington (155m) with the next tallest under construction being 110m in height. So yes, it appears that there are a couple of 150m+ towers currently under construction. Nothing like in Toronto, though.

I don't think Festival Tower is completely topped out. The concrete may be done but I'm pretty sure there's still some steel to go at the top to complete the height.

Festival Tower changed back to "Rising".

Back