Yeah, this area is such a wasteland - hard to believe that it's downtown. It desperately needs a ton more developments like this one.

I totally disagree. Between the redeveloping brown-fields of the West Don Lands, the Distillery to the south, and the historic district of King East, Corktown has a well established grain of high quality urban fabric, much of it dating as far back as the mid to late 19th century. There are voids and a few eyesores but these sites are being rapidly redeveloped with high quality low-rise infill.

Last edited:
IMG2032-L.jpg

IMG2036-L.jpg

IMG2039-L.jpg

IMG2041-L.jpg

IMG2045-L.jpg

Wow, this beauty is almost finished and has gotten virtually no attention. Despite all the griping over the often mediocre state of highrise architecture in this city, few seem to acknowledge or appreciate the many beautiful midrise projects that our boom has created. I'm really pleased that Toronto is developing potentially urban and vibrant midrise neighbourhoods around the downtown core that will one day stretch to the bank of the Don and beyond.

Wow, this beauty is almost finished and has gotten virtually no attention. Despite all the griping over the often mediocre state of highrise architecture in this city, few seem to acknowledge or appreciate the many beautiful midrise projects that our boom has created. I'm really pleased that Toronto is developing potentially urban and vibrant midrise neighbourhoods around the downtown core that will one day stretch to the bank of the Don and beyond.

The smaller pojects don't get much attention.

@ Ramako: +1

Mid-rise development and intensification of the Avenues is, to my mind, the most important component of the city's current growth. Paraphrasing someone here, our high streets are our main public spaces. The more vibrant they get, the more Toronto feels like it's an alive, urban community, full of walkable, contiguous neighbourhoods.

The smaller pojects don't get much attention.

I agree, which is really unfortunate. Projects like this (Trinity Lofts), CAMH, King East, Worklofts, and Flatiron Lofts, to name just a few, are turning out very nicely and contribute a lot to our urban fabric. Attention to the building details are spot-on with Trinity (from what I can tell by looking at the photos posted). It's too bad Aura, a much more prominent building, didn't take a cue from this project on how to handle glass and mullions. I'm looking forward to seeing this building and many other of Toronto's low- and mid-rise buildings in person the next time I am back in Toronto. Thanks for all the photo updates, UT!

Such a cute building. Can't wait to see it with that hoarding down.

This is an example of the type of project I predict we'll be clamoring to save from the wrecking ball 50 (or more?) years down the road due to intensification. Very handsome, more please!

This is an example of the type of project I predict we'll be clamoring to save from the wrecking ball 50 (or more?) years down the road due to intensification. Very handsome, more please!

Nope ...

Residential condo buildings hardly ever get redeveloped ! Think about it, has it even happened ? I've seen cases where houses are bought (that's pretty rare as well but occurs).

Back