wow.. when did this thing start excavation???!?!?! gotta be one of the slowest excavations of all time. even Aura outpaced this one i think,

When was groundbreaking again?

wow.. when did this thing start excavation???!?!?! gotta be one of the slowest excavations of all time. even Aura outpaced this one i think,

When was groundbreaking again?

November 2010, I believe. They basically didn't dig for the past 3-4 months. It's been flooded with water.

Finally some tangible progress is being made. I work nearby and it feels like years have gone by with nothing happening, so it's great to see what seems to be final digging happening. Here’s how the current state looks.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8xVg8JTfjnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• IMG_2585.jpg
    IMG_2585.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 213
Yeah, it was kind of scary. I don't know anything about construction, but couldn't a tiny avalanche cause the top one to topple onto the other?

This one has been so slow. Too bad, as I'm excited to see how it contributes to the Bay St. canyon developing.

It appears that they have dug out the space for the crane to be installed for the west tower.

Good to see a crane coming soon. I still think town homes facing noisy Bay St. is stupid when it could have been retail and town homes just on St. Mary Street and the south end of the complex.

Agreed. The height of the towers in this area is a plus, I think. The townhouse style condos facing the street is a bummer. It's just doesn't fit into the context on Bay St. south of Bloor.

Good to see a crane coming soon. I still think town homes facing noisy Bay St. is stupid when it could have been retail and town homes just on St. Mary Street and the south end of the complex.

+2

Let's do predictions on which projects are gonna top out before this one

Aura, X2 are the ones i can think of right now,

Agreed!! It makes no sense in 2012, to build single family houses along a major artery. I don't know what they were thinking, should move the towers closer to Bay and throw in some serious retail here....

Is it possible that these townhouses could be converted to retail at some point? It always gives me hope when I walk around Kensington or Yorkville and see how clearly residential buildings have been turned into retail or mixed-use. Maybe this could happen here eventually?

You would think that quality retail space would be more profitable than townhouses. I also think the townhouses are a big mistake. It should be zoned for retail, all along Bay Street and indeed, all major downtown streets that already have a strong retail component. The most successful streets have consistent retail, not bits and pieces, here and there.

Back