As for that those townhouses being converted into retail--sure, in like sixty years. If ever, I don't see that coming for a long time. The shame is that this particular stretch of Bay St.--between Charles and St. Mary st.--could really use a pick up. Things get going again around St. Joseph, and also of course north of Charles. But here there's nothing going on. And with residential, it'll change very little.

I still love the idea of two tall condos here, though. Just not what's at street level.

It seems they're working on the foundation for the crane. From yesterday:

blogger-image--1552906851.jpg

Only one crane?

One stretch of townhouses is not going to kill Bay Street. Everybody chill out.

One stretch of townhouses is not going to kill Bay Street. Everybody chill out.

Well it's certainly not going to help it and frankly, Bay Street could use the help. It's not the most animated or attractive street in the city.

Well it's certainly not going to help it and frankly, Bay Street could use the help. It's not the most animated or attractive street in the city.

Well if your talking retail, its kind of neat living there knowing you have everything you want just around the corner at Bloor and Yonge streets .

Its one thing to call for retail, its another to find anyone to lease a space. Bay is tough on retailers. U condos is well south of Bloor, exposed in the winter, no easy parking, etc.
Basically you'd get another Starbucks, drycleaner, and Pita shop.

Its best to keep building density, residential or commercial, and let the retail follow when the time is right.

Its one thing to call for retail, its another to find anyone to lease a space. Bay is tough on retailers. U condos is well south of Bloor, exposed in the winter, no easy parking, etc.
Basically you'd get another Starbucks, drycleaner, and Pita shop.

Its best to keep building density, residential or commercial, and let the retail follow when the time is right.

This is the most sensible statement I have read here in reference to retail, and something I have stated.... $ follows $$ !!:eek: Bravo

I was just by here today, and realized, once this goes up, and the one to the south, i think the only parking-lots between bloor and front will be in front of the Delta chelsea and in front of the bus terminal.

The first crane for this one is up now.

There's also the lot beside Bistro 990, but that and the one beside the Delta have proposals, so really it's just that last lot beside the bus terminal. And that one's unlikely to get developed until the bus terminal goes. Quite the change from 10 years ago. We've seen the end of the St Mike's lot, the Addison used car lot, the lot at Lumiere, the lot as RoCP, the SickKids lot, the Bay/Dundas lot, and Trump's lot. Kind of amazing, when you stop and think about it.

Back