TD Bank Group announces partnership with Union Station.

Includes:
  • A state-of-the-art branch
  • Convenient ATMs throughout the complex
  • A TD sponsored public concierge service within the new centre
  • Opportunities to bring our brand to life through experiential activations, including sharing our love of music with visitors
  • Pop-up services to address needs during and after construction including banking services, foreign exchange, etc.
  • Wi-Fi access for all visitors provided by TD
Link:

http://www.newswire.ca/news-release...ive-financial-services-partner-562773301.html

One of the images from that press release shows how retail will work in the moat:

20151217_C9637_PHOTO_EN_44578.jpg

Must have been on time because I was at the Union one yesterday and it was still open :). Great initiative; I hope we see more like that. I like having something at Union.

The new entrance to the station facing York Street just south of Front looks ready to open. Directional signage over the doors was put up last night. This morning the workers were washing the windows and cleaning up trash, usually the very last step before opening.

Why exactly is progress so slow?

I find it ridiculous that the York concourse opened with zero food services, and continued as such even as all of the retail in the Bay concourse closed.

McCafe has finally now just opened, but progress on other retail is at a snail's pace or non-existent.

There is nothing going on in the Union Chicken space. Nothing. It is an empty bare shell (had a peek last night). Why can't they start on it already?

Meanwhile, nothing seems to be going on at track level too. It's looked the same for months now.

And don't get me started on moat stuff & moat retail. Nothing seems to be going on there either.

There is nothing going on in the Union Chicken space. Nothing. It is an empty bare shell (had a peek last night). Why can't they start on it already?.

Who do you mean by "they" in this instance.....often once you have leased space it is up to the tenant to complete their own TIs and (typically within a range of dates defined in the lease) it is up to them when it starts and finishes and when the store opens.

Slow progress on York food court:
Anything to rumours of a major problem with ventilation/HVAC installation?

Back