I just noticed the 'continuous full-height glass art wall' on page 35 on the Yonge side of the current centre platform. Does that mean you won't be able to get to the centre platform from the Yonge train? What if you decide you need to change directions at Union?

And how would you get to/from the Harbourfront streetcar from/to the centre platform?

Apologies if this has been asked before or if I've missed something.

I just noticed the 'continuous full-height glass art wall' on page 35 on the Yonge side of the current centre platform. Does that mean you won't be able to get to the centre platform from the Yonge train? What if you decide you need to change directions at Union?

And how would you get to/from the Harbourfront streetcar from/to the centre platform?

That's always been the plan. They want to separate the flows from the University-bound and the Yonge-bound passengers.

How will they get around? The same way as they did before, and as they do now - stairs and escalators.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

If they had both the Yonge and University tracks accessible from the existing centre platform once finished it would lead to more crowding because some people would still head to that platform to board Yonge. My question is, are there plans to relocate the third rail to the currently-Yonge side of the centre platform once this is finished so that passengers aren't boarding Yonge from the same side as the third rail?

That's always been the plan. They want to separate the flows from the University-bound and the Yonge-bound passengers.

How will they get around? The same way as they did before, and as they do now - stairs and escalators.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Yea that makes sense but what about the streetcar platform ??

Yea that makes sense but what about the streetcar platform ??
If your heading towards Downsview, then you do what you do now, walk up the stairs, and over the stairs down to the streetcar.

If your heading towards Finch, you arrive on the new platform, and there's a connection with no stairs from the new subway platform, to the existing streetcar platform.

Sorry if this has already been addressed earlier on in the thread (been trying to find the answer without having to ask) -- but can anyone confirm whether or not improvements are planned for the intercity train concourse just off the great hall?

I really wish the new retail concourse had been planned to be built west past York St. and east past Bay st. Would have made people flow through the structure smoother. If the concourse were extended far enough to connect with the GO bus platforms it would eliminate people having to take the over pass or jay walk across bay. Although I guess the streetcar tracks for the waterfront line would be an issue in the east

I really wish the new retail concourse had been planned to be built west past York St. and east past Bay st. Would have made people flow through the structure smoother. If the concourse were extended far enough to connect with the GO bus platforms it would eliminate people having to take the over pass or jay walk across bay. Although I guess the streetcar tracks for the waterfront line would be an issue in the east

They couldn't go further east with the concourse as the streetcar tunnel is in the way.

I know that there is also some major infrastructure under York, but I don't know if it is easily moved out of the way.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I notice that too, however I know that it will be renovated.

I always presumed that it is not shown because the renovations here are probably minor in nature compared to the rest of the project/building....more of a spruce up to keep in line with the look of the rest of the place...after all, from a functionality point of view, there is not much to be done.

Here are a few shots of VIA Waiting area
5373166768_5c89d77fbe_b.jpg

8433886868_6768fd5987_b.jpg

8432801201_675a57be33_b.jpg

8433891528_125bc20992_b.jpg

8432803605_0caf6886bd_b.jpg

8432806693_76facab5ee_b.jpg

Back