I popped into the new shopping area for the first time last night - around 10 pm, hoping to grab some milk, so I didn't have to run out when I got home. I had about 10-minute to change trains, so I thought it would work well.

And everything was closed other than the food fair! Which seems odd, given that Union station was very busy - as usual.

I couldn't see hours posted anywhere. When is the mall usually open?
Not sure Union Station would be a great place to buy milk at any time of the day - off hand cannot recollect a convenience store and the Longos at Brookfield Place is none too convenient to GO trains and also has fairly limited hours and closes at 6pm/

Not sure Union Station would be a great place to buy milk at any time of the day - off hand cannot recollect a convenience store and the Longos at Brookfield Place is none too convenient to GO trains and also has fairly limited hours and closes at 6pm/

There is a full-sized Longos to the immediate south of Union at Maple Leaf Square. Its hours are 7am-10pm daily.

There is a convenience store in the York Concourse and in the walkway between concourses. That said, they are more of a coke and chips sort of place not Milk.

I don't think you can get milk at Union Station with a 10 minute window. There's a Shoppers right at the far south end of Royal Bank Plaza, but it closes at 6.

But in general, it is weird that places like the Kibo Market close so early.

I don't think you can get milk at Union Station with a 10 minute window. There's a Shoppers right at the far south end of Royal Bank Plaza, but it closes at 6.

But in general, it is weird that places like the Kibo Market close so early.
Odd. I'd have thought that would be a common thing for a commuter to buy on the way home.

I'm surprised there's no Shoppers! Or something like that mini-Longos that is ... I think in Brookfield Place. I'd think there's an excellent Rabba franchise opportunity here!

Kibo? Sounds like a pet food store. :)

Definitely not running to Longo's in 10 minutes, coming back from the airport, with 3 suitcases and 2 kids in tow! :)

Yes, I shop there occasionally but if you have 10 minutes between trains I doubt it would be an option.
To be fair, 10 minutes is cutting close. Don't forget the station is big, and it takes time to walk to the store, go through check out, then back onto the platform.
It's not like there is a kiosk on the platform.
JR-Kyoto-Shinkansen-Delica-Station.jpg

HQA02330, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons

edit: no, that's not Union station above; not even close

Last edited:
To be fair, 10 minutes is cutting close. Don't forget the station is big, and it takes time to walk to the store, go through check out, then back onto the platform.
It's not like there is a kiosk on the platform.
JR-Kyoto-Shinkansen-Delica-Station.jpg

HQA02330, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons
And yet I had 5 minutes to spare, when I got on the platform, after my search of the lower level. And then the (Lakeshore East) train didn't even arrive until 2-3 minutes after the scheduled departure time (not surprising with the CNE on).

With a Blue Jays game getting out, I'd have walked from the York concourse near where I entered, to the Bay Concourse anyway. Doing it on the lower level added only 2 escalator rides and maybe a minute walking.

That must be new. Though looking from the finishes - that doesn't actually look like Union.

Last edited:
It closes at 6pm on weekdays, @nfitz was in dire need of milk (or so s/he said) at 10pm.
Coming from the airport, after being gone for 2-weeks, with 2 smallish kids, there's no doubt about the direness! :) I drove to a Shoppers when I got home.

6 pm?!?!? All the ones around here are 10 pm to midnight (or 24-hours).

Back