Guys another article about uptown vandyk
what happens to project If In receivership?

Good morning, I purchased a property with Vandyk back in 2018. With these articles coming out is anyone here starting to pursue any legal options? Thank you
nothing i am aware.. not sure there is much to do x your deposits for now.

Who are the lawyers again holding the deposits?
SR law is the law firm holding deposits. The same firm ran into a problem with stateview homes where they released “common element” condo deposits prior to any sort of final site plan approval. Tarion/ HCRA is actually trying to put a trust mortgage on all the stateview properties. Unless these deposits were bonded there may be a similar challenge to the vandyk properties. This firm seems notorious to working with these builders - stateview vandyk sunrise and forme development all in receivership

SR law is the law firm holding deposits. The same firm ran into a problem with stateview homes where they released “common element” condo deposits prior to any sort of final site plan approval. Tarion/ HCRA is actually trying to put a trust mortgage on all the stateview properties. Unless these deposits were bonded there may be a similar challenge to the vandyk properties. This firm seems notorious to working with these builders - stateview vandyk sunrise and forme development all in receivership
OMG! This is becoming a nightmare. That means there is a possibility that the lawyers could have collude with Vandyk and our deposit is gone...only Tarion guaranteed $20k visible if that is the case

OMG! This is becoming a nightmare. That means there is a possibility that the lawyers could have collude with Vandyk and our deposit is gone...only Tarion guaranteed $20k visible if that is the case
Check out the stateview receivership. I know about this as I bought a “common element condo” off senator homes and sr law was the condo lawyer. If the builder falls under a condo the firm cannot release without “bonding”. The action against stateview argues that stateview should have never released the deposits for a bunch of reasons primarily that no approvals in place, construction hadn’t started and the project should be a “deemed condo project”

It’s interesting to see what the result will be

Check out the stateview receivership. I know about this as I bought a “common element condo” off senator homes and sr law was the condo lawyer. If the builder falls under a condo the firm cannot release without “bonding”. The action against stateview argues that stateview should have never released the deposits for a bunch of reasons primarily that no approvals in place, construction hadn’t started and the project should be a “deemed condo project”

It’s interesting to see what the result will be
Sorry to hear about this. I'm reading the about the proceeding on KSV case log to get a sense of what to expect.

Have they said anything about how and when you'll your deposit?

I fortunately did not buy stateview. I bought senator homes which did end up closing with a little delay and the sr law firm refused to release deposits unless the builder “bonded” them

For stateview tarion will give you $20,000 back but most of the purchases gave $100k plus and those monies are gone…..

It’s kind of weird they let stateview and vandyk release deposits for these projects which are now seriously underwater and devalued

My deposits are with
Letter from Lawyers that holdin deposits
  1. Schneider Ruggiero LLP, that is the declarant's solicitor.
Someone here in this group called them and they still have deposits hrld in trust..

I just read through the Stateview Receivership Proceedings. Turns out that all their projects are either detached or townhouse. The townhouse are not registered as a condominium. I think there's a loophole that allows builders to access the deposits without bomding it if it's not a condominium.

In summary, Stateview had spent all the deposits directly/indirectly on the projects. Nothing was left the bank accounts. The new builders that bought the projects did not honor the previous APS and buyers could only get Tarion covered portion.

My deposits are with
Letter from Lawyers that holdin deposits
  1. Schneider Ruggiero LLP, that is the declarant's solicitor.
Someone here in this group called them and they still have deposits hrld in trust..
I remember that post. I think @torontomans34 point is that Solicitors can collude with builders regardless. This is fraud though but who knows. We'll stay positive.

that's great that the deposits are still held in trust for vandyk unlike what is going on with the stateview receivership. It's odd that the same firm is involved at the same time with somewhat experienced developers have problems. i guess the industry is small.

that's great that the deposits are still held in trust for vandyk unlike what is going on with the stateview receivership. It's odd that the same firm is involved at the same time with somewhat experienced developers have problems. i guess the industry is small.

Are you stuck in some vandyk properties too?

I’m emailing my lawyer and Vandyk’s lawyer, that I would like my deposits back due to Uptowns cancelling and in receivership. See if I can get it sooner lol. I really don’t want to wait 10 years.

Back