Are there first-time home buyers here? Considering how the market has changed significantly since 2017/2018/2019, what are your plans?

If they in business after this receivership i think people could file a class action lawsuit for Uptown , looks like debtors could file against their other projects too

Are there first-time home buyers here? Considering how the market has changed significantly since 2017/2018/2019, what are your plans?
New developers who will buy our project will jackup the prices to reality today prices.. i will tak my deposit n interest whatever peanuts it is and buy somewhere else..@gguest u still living at home?

Plus it look like interest rates will start coming by next april.. that send markets upwards crazy again..

Yeah. I wonder what they intend to achieve from now to January 31 2024. Imagine vandyk pull a uno reverse card and pay off all the debt before that date 🤣🤣
This is the funniest thing I heard all month 😂

Oh well at least we know the outcome now, just waiting to get my deposit and buy a 1 bed micro condo 350 sqft 😂😂

New developers who will buy our project will jackup the prices to reality today prices.. i will tak my deposit n interest whatever peanuts it is and buy somewhere else..@gguest u still living at home?
My thoughts as well. They'll sell the metro floor plan for $600k - $650k.

I'm renting a small basement apartment. Moved here in 2017, bought the precon in 2018 as I wasn't ready for mortage commitment and the payment structure was nice. I was looking forward to closing my unit...Now I need a bigger space due to change in family size and might be forced to rent...oh rent has skyrocketed as well, yikes!

My thoughts as well. They'll sell the metro floor plan for $600k - $650k.

I'm renting a small basement apartment. Moved here in 2017, bought the precon in 2018 as I wasn't ready for mortage commitment and the payment structure was nice. I was looking forward to closing my unit...Now I need a bigger space due to change in family size and might be forced to rent...oh rent has skyrocketed as well, yikes!
Metro will be more like $750k. Todays prices..did u buy that one? It was going for §449k?

Metro will be more like $750k. Todays prices..did u buy that one? It was going for §449k?
If anybody thinking of filing a class action law suit? Capital gains etc let me know.. i read in Reddit.. someone is filing one for the Binghamton suites..

Bought it for $499k in 2018
Bought it for $499k in 2018
Ahh ok was selling for $449 in 2017
IMG_2592.jpeg

it looks like sr law registered the o canada mortgage in uptowns (within 3 weeks a bunch of liens were registered)- how were they able to act for borrower and lender on uptowns?

If anybody thinking of filing a class action law suit? Capital gains etc let me know.. i read in Reddit.. someone is filing one for the Binghamton suites..

Do you think we can? What are the conditions in which class action would be accepted? Also they’d have to still be in business after this receivership?

But hell yeah I’d be down for that.

Do you think we can? What are the conditions in which class action would be accepted? Also they’d have to still be in business after this receivership?

But hell yeah I’d be down for that.
Yes ithink they have to be in business and if somehow they come out of this with cash in hand after settlement , even better.. Stanham developers has same happen to them and they came out after settlement with millions in hand..we file as a group , cheaper and better.. capital gains alone will be beneficial.. need see what new builder will offer us new prices and from that we can base lawsuit..

Yes ithink they have to be in business and if somehow they come out of this with cash in hand after settlement , even better.. Stanham developers has same happen to them and they came out after settlement with millions in hand..we file as a group , cheaper and better.. capital gains alone will be beneficial.. need see what new builder will offer us new prices and from that we can base lawsuit..
Sounds good, let’s keep tabs on this. I’m definitely in.

it looks like sr law registered the o canada mortgage in uptowns (within 3 weeks a bunch of liens were registered)- how were they able to act for borrower and lender on uptowns?
This is a red flag. I'll dig into "o canada mortgage" to see what I can find

This is a red flag. I'll dig into "o canada mortgage" to see what I can find
From law firm holding deposits:

“The situation is fluid and until there is some resolution and we receive information on how the project is proceeding we cannot comment except to advise that the Purchaser’s deposits are secure.”

They sent this yesterday.

Back