If they go ahead with the lighting features that were originally proposed I think it's going to make a pretty impressive splash as an eastern view terminus to Adelaide

Vü From Waterclub Condo

3732006853_d10b7e45ab_b.jpg

The "boring" and "quite ordinary" Vü as seen from Waterclub Condominiums on Queens Quay West. 20 storeys of the 24-storey South Tower are done - 4 more to go.

Last edited:
thats a great picture... we can also see Regent Park and all the way out to Scarborough! I think Vu is a decent development and uses the site nicely. It does a good job framing the NE corner of the park. It was a bit disappointing to see them cut corners on the angled stilt supports that were seen in the renders. Lets face it though, there simply isnt enough money in this city to command the higher level architecture that so many of would like to see...

Landmarks

I now got curious and with the help of Google Maps I identified a few other landmarks visible in the picture.

The church between Regent Park and Scarborough is Greektown's Holy Name Catholic Church on Danforth and Pape. The three small onion dome's between in between Regent Park and the church on Danforth belong to the Holy Eucharist Ukrainian Catholic Church at the corner of Broadview and Bain Avenue. From there one has one of the best views of the downtown Toronto skyline.

The one Regent Park tower which is higher and sticks out to the right of Vü's South Tower is the 22 storey Dundas/Sackville Apartments tower. The other Regent Park tower mostly hidden by Vü's South Tower is the East Tower of OneCole Condominiums.

Of course there is no need to point out the Cathedral Church of St. James and the Gooderham Building.

Last edited:
good job my friend... I can see your brain works like mine, recently I have been spending lots of time studying the google map of Manhattan to place various photos I took while there...

Nice! St. James Park is being reclaimed by the new housing going up around it, and will likely become better known and more important over the years because of that.

Nice! St. James Park is being reclaimed by the new housing going up around it, and will likely become better known and more important over the years because of that. 42

Reclaimed from what? It is a very well used park and has been for ages. The "Victorian Garden" is a gem.

Reclaimed from what? It is a very well used park and has been for ages. The "Victorian Garden" is a gem.

I also love St. James park, in fact, it's one of my favourites in the city. And most of the time it's pretty welcoming, especially the Victorian garden. But at certain days and times the northern and eastern parts do tend to get taken over by some scruffy characters. It's a shame that the beautiful gazebo is often out-of-bounds for those of us who want to use the park for something other than a semi-private place to get high. I have to admit that I am looking forward to any gentrifying effects that Vu will have on the park and surrounding area. Sorry if that's politically incorrect to say.

I've seen people smoking crack in that gazebo and on the benches lining Adelaide on 3 separate occasions. If that's not a park in need of reclaiming, I don't know what is.

Back