January 7th:

CIMG5338_zpsff55e0c1.jpg

CIMG5342_zpsaff56a76.jpg

The glass looks a little darker than I was expecting, but I'll reserve judgement until there's more of it and we see it in differing light conditions. Quality looks good though.

Dark wouldn't be a bad thing, as it will provide contrast with the white facade lines and zig-zag features.

Totally haAught. We knew it would be.

But I gotta say I love the look of "naked" buildings under construction. I sometimes wish the city was filled with abandoned concrete shells because they look so damned cool...and give me wild crazy ideas of how they could be "clothed."

Btw, Skyjacked: Your 3 Jan 2013 photo with the snow covering the site is imho, UrbanToronto's "photo of the year." It really looks like the aA "wedding cake" is covered with Redpath's icing sugar here. Sweet.

Last edited:
But I gotta say I love the look of "naked" buildings under construction. I sometimes wish the city was filled with abandoned concrete shells because they look so damned cool...and give me wild crazy ideas of how they could be "clothed."

I hear ya! Sometimes dreaming of a million possibilities for a building is better than the 1 result we get in reality.

Bloor Street Neighbourhood was gorgeous until it was clothed in vomit. Won't happen here based on that single, gorgeous panel.

LOL. I did the same to adma a while ago and now surfing UT becomes so much more pleasant ;)

I was informed about this post in another thread. A little like a loutish husband putting on the earplugs to ward off the wife's nagging, I suppose.

And given his comment elsewhere about finding women more interested in shopping and furniture than urban discussion, such an attitude wouldn't be beneath him, I'd also suppose.

dezeen_Ada-Louise-Huxtable_photo-by-Garth-Huxtable.jpg

Yeah. Shopping and furniture. Sure.

January 12/2013. Windows on the cladding are a bit dirty, but you can sense that this will be nice quality.

PIER27-12-01-2013-1.jpg

PIER27-12-01-2013-2.jpg

PIER27-12-01-2013-3.jpg

PIER27-12-01-2013-4.jpg

PIER27-12-01-2013-5.jpg

PIER27-12-01-2013-6.jpg

That window wall looks as good as curtain glazing, unless my eyes are cheated by some spell.

I was informed about this post in another thread. A little like a loutish husband putting on the earplugs to ward off the wife's nagging, I suppose.

To be fair, I've also added a large number of members to my ignore list. Most times it's nothing personal, but it makes the forum easier to scan for those of us mainly interested in construction updates, rather than opinions about taste, or endless (and I really mean endless) debates about firms.

Anyway, great updates. I'm also pleased to see more and more window-wall looking like curtain/hybrid wall. While it's possibly too early to say too much about this one, so far so good. The new sidewalks are also finally making the area look more like a real part of the city, rather than an industrial area cut off from everything else.

Last edited:

Back