Looking at those photos, I'm rather concerned as well. The areas beyond the walls of those buildings are supposed to be public spaces for all Torontonians, not private areas for the condo owners. There seems to be 2 barriers being built; one connecting the first 2 buildings, the other connecting the next 2 together.

It has never been in the plans for people to be able to walk through the middles of each pair, only between the two pairs. In between each pair they have ground level amenities. Why is that such a big deal?

May 5
8728247121_12b9bc2302_b.jpg

8729398842_d8bbba41db_b.jpg

8728248429_d967be71e7_b.jpg

8729364056_332c34a544_b.jpg

8728243285_4277f99949_b.jpg

8728241721_f1795a7849_b.jpg

It's funny how the renderings are so deceptive with this development. The rendering makes it seem like there is a big gap between the second and third condos (the pedestrian entry) but anybody who's been there knows that it's actually quite narrow and confined. (which might not be a bad thing, as sometimes those kinds of intimate spaces can be quite nice) The rendering also shows the bridges as having a flat roof but right now we see 3 cement boxes on those bridges, so I would imagine that they won't be flat on top after all. Was there a change of plans? I much prefer the sleeker, white, flat tops.

Last edited:
I know that red on the bottom of the balconies isn't staying, but it provides nice contrast. Either way, looking sharp.

Those white panels? THAT's how you do spandrel, right there. Looks super!

Taken from Spire few weeks ago. I applaud the concept. But from the purchaser's point of view, the whole project was marketed for
it's lake view but only 25% of the owners will enjoy the view and worst are those looking east-west onto each other with little natural light (see shadow in between buildings & it was a sunny day when photo was taken).
pier-27-2013-apr-27.jpg

http://jasontangto.com/images/pier-27-2013-apr-27.jpg

Attachments

• pier-27-2013-apr-27.jpg
    pier-27-2013-apr-27.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,030
You can likely see the lake from almost every unit, just not a large panoramic view of it. If it's so important go outside and walk the 30 yards to the water.

If you're suggesting this project should have been an east-west slab completely obstructing the water form Queens Quay, there is no way that would have gone over well.

It has never been in the plans for people to be able to walk through the middles of each pair, only between the two pairs. In between each pair they have ground level amenities. Why is that such a big deal?

Isn't in obvious? Part of the consent to build private residences right up to the waterfront was to allow porous public access to the lake. It didn't say partially porous access to the lake, it said porous access. Of course people can walk around, but that's not the point. This is tantamount to them building a condo sitting on its own private grounds. The whole point of 'porous' is to ensure this type of thing didn't happen.

They had conditions attached then bent the rules any way. It's stuff like this that pisses people off. Some one's asleep at the wheel and not looking out for the public good. We shouldn't allow any private grounds on the waterfront. NONE! ZERO! ZILCH!

Last edited:
It is a condo on private land. They own the land. The City had a chance to buy the land way back when and they didn't. Start at the beginning of the thread.

Back