It looks like they plan to apply some sort of strip to the exterior a la Theatre Park - you can see the bracing / mounting points in achender's last pic.

Yup, the cross-bracing of the structure is going to be expressed on the exterior…

Waterlink1ExtEveDet960.jpg

along with an extension of the pattern across the bottom of the bridges. (That is a pretty early rendering though, so expect some changes.)

Attachments

• Waterlink1ExtEveDet960.jpg
    Waterlink1ExtEveDet960.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,323
The balconies are on the south side. The photos on the previous page were of the north side.

I would like to see renders depict the thick spandrel between floors more accurately. On the renders, it's just a thin strip between the floors, and it's black.

Buildings go through many changes for many reasons on the long path from render to reality. It's unrealistic to expect that the final product will look exactly like what someone drew up 5-6 years previous.

Those are very simple schematic renderings. The reason you don't see spandrel in them is because the floorplate is paper-thin. Instead of the spandrel, there is transparent glass shown, with no slab behind it.

Take all renderings, even the beautifully simple renderings of aA, with a grain of salt.

You guys missed my point. They should never look like this in the first place. They should be more accurately portrayed. That's kind of the point of the render. To show the final product!

Designs develop over time. As I said when I posted that rendering, it was an early one. It would have been created at a stage where the concept had been settled upon, but long before working drawings were created. Until those drawings are done, things are in flux.

Even when working drawings are done, renderings can be perceived as the marketing of ideas.

^I've learned the hard way: it doesn't matter. The majority of condo investors only care about one thing: making money with their granite countertops, 2 bathrooms, ss appliances and balcony space. The reality vs fantasy is depressing but a reality check nonetheless. The fantasy--the rendering--is merely to get someone dreaming about ... making money.

I think the architecture is really what's "sold" to the developer, not the condo buyer.

We have new pics from inside the development, especially of the bridges and close-ups of that crazy scaffold, on the front page today.

And again - more new pics in this story today, taking a close-up look at glazing, upcoming banding, and terraces. We should have some 'leftovers' for the thread soon too!

Back