Crazy Day at the Sales Office

I went into the new Sales Centre located in the base of Phase I today. It opened at 1:00 and I understand there was a line to get in. I arrived at 2:15 and it was VERY busy inside. I would guess 40-50 people inside + they were running tours up to the model suite on the 3rd floor.

Sales appeared to be quite active. I personally saw at least 14 deals getting signed in the 2+ hours I was there. Even if a few people back out within the first 10 days, that is still quite active. They were selling both Phases although the focus was on Phase I.

The sales office was open last weekend but just light foot traffic. They started running promotions this week and it seems to have worked in terms of sales. Wonder if this will continue? I guess the fact that people can move in later this year + the fact that they were giving 2.99% for 3 years + cash back was a good draw.

Hopefully this is happening in more than just this project. We should have a team that goes around and expects different sales rooms to check for foot traffic and/or sales.

I was out for a run yesterday and ran by the sales office at about 12:15 and there were only three cars in the parking lot. Most likley the sales team ariving to prepare for the day. Compared to the Saturday, there would already have been a lineup at that time so I guess a lot of demand created during the week made Saturday the busier day. I will be back in the sales office this weekend dropping off some paperwork (I purchased a unit in Phase I on Saturday - didn't want to wait for 2011 for my Phase II unit to be built) and will see how busy it is then...

I was there on Sunday at close and the sales office was still buzzing. Chris (Sales Guy) took me on a tour of 3 of the units and they all looked fantastic. :) I was really impressed with the finishes and the appliances. I'm really excited and can't wait to move in.

The only thing that threw me was how high the sliding doors were from the floor. It seems like you have to climb up to the balcony.

I asked if the Loblaws was still going to be built and Chris was non-committal. He said that it is in the plan but they said the same thing about Maple Leaf Gardens... :mad:

14 June 2009 photo update:

WHC from tbp on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon:

dsc01705v.jpg

I asked if the Loblaws was still going to be built and Chris was non-committal. He said that it is in the plan but they said the same thing about Maple Leaf Gardens... :mad:
I don't believe Loblaws has any immediate plans for that building, but I wish they did. Terrific location given the number of residential units in the area.

WHC is having another open house this weekend.

DSC01059.jpg

shot taken on saturday (sorry about the sideways shot
Click to enlarge

Attachments

• DSC01059.jpg
    DSC01059.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
I visited the sales office today. Up close, the building's quite nice, a lot of detail. The sales office was quite busy so I just skipped it and took a look at the 3 model suites.

I was impressed yet unimpressed at the same time

Pros:
Kitchens, very nice. The standard appplicances would be upgrades in most buildings....slide-in range....side by side fridge with water/ice maker in the door. The counters were thick and the sinks were all undermounted. The 9ft ceilings were nice as well.

Cons:
You have to step up to get to the balcony. The inclosed balcony also kind of blocks your view a bit. The marble bathrooms are a nice touch but the quality of the marble is kind of crappy. The cheap floors were a bit of a let-down. The overall feel of the place felt "cheap". I think the pricing is fair though and I'm sure with upgrades the place will look nice.

I've yet to be impressed by a Plazacorp building.

I realy liked the finishes that had in the model suites, and the prices/completion date wasnt that bad either. My only apprehension is the location, it really sucks there is no retail presence in the area. Think anything will be going up at any time between now and the end of Phase 2, there are so many condos in that area it would be silly not to have some grocery store or something.

Also seeing as the Garnier is kinda close to this place, would a north facing suite on a higher floor hear much of the noise from there?

Sorry for all the Q's, first time buyer looking into this place. =)

Back