Night Shots of X's Lobby

A little overexposed but I thought I'd post them anyway. My intent was to capture the clean and spacious interior. I'll get back when it nears completion and do better.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

walked by today and caught a glimpse of the lobby...looks really nice...the walls inside are completely covered in wha I believe to be either marble or granite...and I like how the elevators are set up like th office buildings downtown...they're hidden in a huge column...hard to explain.

This one's a beauty.

Judging from dt's photos, I'm guessing it's travertine. This would make sense too, as the TD Centre's lobbies are covered in travertine.

this buildings lobby looks like an office building inside and out... its very open, simple, tall inside.. very much like the Bay Adelaide centre... i'm not so sure its a good thing for a residential tower though cause usually the lobby would feel more like home... not the office..

But its a very cool concept and i think it could work.. if i had a condo with the Bay Adelaide centres lobby i'd definitely go for it! its just so epic :D

Steveve, this is not the first time that travertine has shown up in a residential lobby. In fact, I believe that wherever Mies created a residential tower, he always used it. Google Westmount Square in Montreal, or 860-880 Lake Shore Drive in Chicago for example, and you should be able to find images of the elegant lobbies for those buildings.

I wonder of the tradition will be continued at X2.

4617659138_e7591daa80_b.jpg

4617045705_ec172027a4_b.jpg

From the sales brochure...

Cassius, WeirdFishes, we've been running PDI picture posts of units in the Real Estate section for quite a while now, as that's where members normally discuss (ahem) their units in general anyway. It's just an attempt to keep like topics organized. We are very happy to have interior shots of the building's common areas in P&C still. Meanwhile, some posts mix things together, so there's no way we can be completely black and white about everything.

While I really like this building (minus the ruinous black box on top), I do have to say that passing by the lobby yesterday, it did really really really not feel at all like a condo lobby and much more like an office lobby. I don't think any amount or type of furniture will help this. It's too bad. Similar problem with Casa.

Hmmmm ... Comfy Couch vs. Barcelona Chair - the great debate continues.

My heart jumps for joy whenever I encounter a new condo that's a resulutely residential building - if I hear any more grousing because a condo, or for that matter an office tower lobby, doesn't have retail, or restaurants, or grocery stores with separate entrances shoehorned in ... I'll scream.

Back