No one ever really uses those crappy, fake, living room lobbies of the past anyway. I would rather my lobby looked like an efficient office lobby than a bad Brady Bunch knock-off, with shag carpet and all!

While I really like this building (minus the ruinous black box on top), I do have to say that passing by the lobby yesterday, it did really really really not feel at all like a condo lobby and much more like an office lobby. I don't think any amount or type of furniture will help this. It's too bad. Similar problem with Casa.

Funny, that's what i actually like about it. The lobby is just like an office building.

Funny, that's what i actually like about it. The lobby is just like an office building.

I second the thought. I think that the condo lobby/office aesthetic sets it apart. I think it sets the mood of the building - sheek, cool, with a modern feel to it. LOVE IT!!!!

Does Aura block the view from X & X2?

Took a look on the map the other day, and if you draw a straight line from X to the CN Tower it goes right through Aura. Has anyone else noticed this (assuming anyone cares about having the CN Tower in view)?

by me

sany1024.jpg

There's no point photographing the lobby until the glass has been cleaned. I discovered my poor night shots a few pages back were partly due to very dirty windows which also badly obscure peeks inside during the day. I took a few shots today which I'll get up later tonight or tomorrow.

X, May 29th from above

X, May 29th

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

and a curvy, pano'd vertical shot with two images melded together

I wonder when (or if) they plan to clad the first floor columns in black? I hope they don't plan on leaving them bare concrete (as happened with Murano) - it will ruin the look of the building.

Back