There are too many flaws for such an eye-catching building like the big mechanical box and lobby with cheap furniture, inappropriate lighting fixture(s), and art with that should have been chosen with bolder colours in mind.

Can we ban people who quote pictures within 5 posts of the original?

Also, with regard to X, there's just way to much good going on for the bad to make much of an impact.

Here you go everyone, Christmas came early!

attachment.php

Original courtesy Solaris.

Attachments

• IMG_5132.jpg
    IMG_5132.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 617
THANK YOU egotrippin ... now only if we lived in a world which was that easy ;)

Cheers ~

Really ? I almost like it better with the mechanical box on top - if it wasn't clad it'd be terrible but it almost adds a little roof element the way it is!

THANK YOU egotrippin ... now only if we lived in a world which was that easy ;)

Cheers ~

Haha, well perhaps if we invent cloaking devices we can make that shot reality.

And will you look at that, our efforts made the Quick Pic section. Awesome.

I tried to send unaddressed mail to the residents of this building but Canada post informed me that the residents still don’t get their mail and that they need to call the local postal office in order to get their mail. Can anyone confirm that?

I tried to send unaddressed mail to the residents of this building but Canada post informed me that the residents still don’t get their mail and that they need to call the local postal office in order to get their mail. Can anyone confirm that?

Not true, I have been getting my mail since I moved in 4 weeks ago.

Art Compoent lit up

The art component was lit up about two or three weeks ago, but it's been too damn cold to get out and photograph it until tonight. It looks mighty fine. By day it looks red, when illuminated at night it has more of an orange colour to it which may or may not be the white/off white shade of lights being used to illuminate it. I took these without a tripod (not smart) from Jarvis Street looking S/W, unfortunately there's a sizable X2 advertising board eliminating any chance of getting a shot from the more dramatic looking south side.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Would look better if it was lit beneath, but inside. Some careful placement of LEDs would do the trick.

Nice pictures! Are those illuminated strips of white balcony lighting in the 2nd pix? Such a cool building with so many surprises.

Nice pictures! Are those illuminated strips of white balcony lighting in the 2nd pix? Such a cool building with so many surprises.

No, the edges of the lower balconies are catching the upward facing lighting which illuminates the trees from below but you can't see the effect because there are no leaves on the trees. You can barely see the young trees in front of X's Jarvis Street windows in the 2nd photo above. It will be a nice effect come spring, very similar to what has been done on Bloor Street in Yorkville.

Last edited:

Back