great news! this is one of the projects I have most been looking forward to getting started and of course completed. I just think its location is so prime and it will make such a big impact here...

2432224636_eb06c44938.jpg

I was told this morning (Saturday, April 19) by a woman in a white helmet at the site that the big crane arrives a week from Monday.

The pace of construction has picked up and they are working 7 days a week. There were 5 welders working on the south wall. A shovel is already in position on Jarvis for the "home stretch".

That's fantastic news !! I'll be sure to watch this... I've always wanted to see a crane go up.

There's a lot of digging going on at the site today. It looks like they are really pushing to get the crane in next week. All of the retaining wall tie-backs are in, and the drill has been removed from the site.

It's actually considered "art" and that's why it's displayed. Sort of like the display at the front of the Bloor St. entrance, which displays digital people walking by.

Also, there's now a notice in front of the Pizza Pizza building to build a 44-storey building. Looks like we will have 3 buildings in a row that are 44 storeys - this proposed one, X-condo, and Couture.

X

Just walked by the site today at lunch and asked one of the construction workers. According to him, it'll be another 6 weeks before the crane goes up, they have to dig down 15 ft (basically another story) before they reach the bottom....

Back