I just walked by the site, and they are indeed pouring the foundation for the crane. They have the section for the crane dug out, framed, and reinforced with metal rods. They are pouring the cement into this framed section. Unfortunately, I don't have a camera on me, so if somebody could take a picture of today's activity, it would be greatly appreciated.

Large red crane components are being delivered to the site right now. It looks like the crane will definitely be going up very very soon !!

X

This is exciting news, I tried to go by the site today to take a picture but ran out of time, if someone is in the area, a picture would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

May 16

I wanted to see the event so I went by today and took some photos. Looking west, they are installing the foundation for the crane.
2498729996_f26e6a62ff_b.jpg

Looking south.
2498730002_d7bce32289_b.jpg

Looking east.
2498730008_f439654457_b.jpg

Their job is done.
2498730030_1299a068f4_b.jpg

I spotted a notice from the city this evening that Charles Street East will be closed this Saturday and Sunday (May 24 and 25) between Jarvis and Church Streets for the installation of a tower crane.

Get your cameras ready, everyone!

I spotted a notice from the city this evening that Charles Street East will be closed this Saturday and Sunday (May 24 and 25) between Jarvis and Church Streets for the installation of a tower crane.

Get your cameras ready, everyone!

Excellent news !! Too bad I'll be out of the city this weekend, so I'm going to miss it.

They are currently lowering down all of the equipment that they will need to setup the crane this weekend. Lots of activity going on there this morning.

Crane going up

Around 2pm

PICT1427.jpg

PICT1428.jpg

PICT1429.jpg

Back