Does anyone know if the present workers on the site will also be the same workers doing the work inside the units (laying the hardwood, painting, installing electricity...). I ask because I purchased a unit at X and would like to thank (bribe) them when they get to my floor. However, I cannot be showing up every week for a year with beer if the crews change with every task.
Any input/recommendations?

beer on the job = improved quality workmanship .... :confused:

that could explain the many deficiencies some have listed with their condos (not specifically at X) :eek:

beer on the job = improved quality workmanship .... :confused:

that could explain the many deficiencies some have listed with their condos (not specifically at X) :eek:

which projects? I always thought GG was one of the more reputable builders in Toronto.

which projects? I always thought GG was one of the more reputable builders in Toronto.

wasn't referring to GG specifically ...

i was being facecious trying to relate deficiencies with drinking on the job ... unfortunately, sometimes alcohol was not needed, just a lack of quality workmanship.

Funny someone should mention this. I was just asking my husband if there's a way we can find out who is working on our unit. MayB we can get them Tim Horton's breakfast every morning while the work on our unit. lol...

Different trades do different jobs. The guy laying hardwood isn't the same guy wiring your pot lights (I would hope).

And beer makes the world go round. I bet if you knew the electrician he probably would wire up a couple extra lights for a case of beer (I've done more for less), but that presupposes that you knew them. I don't think showing up on site as a random stranger with beer is going to get you very far

August 6 2009 update

IMG_1431.jpg

Balcony Underside Painting is Outpacing the Curtain Wall Installation ~
IMG_1432.jpg

No Further Progress on the Townhomes
IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

Balcony Underside Painting is Outpacing the Curtain Wall Installation ~
IMG_1432.jpg

No Further Progress on the Townhomes
IMG_1433.jpg

Great pictures Solaris! Amazing progress. I wonder what the mechanical portion of the building top will look like and if there will be lighting.

Great pictures Solaris! Amazing progress. I wonder what the mechanical portion of the building top will look like and if there will be lighting.

Hard to say about the mechanical level. I prefer the rendering (but we know how inaccurate those often are) to the site elevation as far as the mechanical portion of the roof goes. Perhaps the raised portion of the mechanical room just wasn't illustrated given the angle of the render.
I'm always for rooftop lighting (although I think that there are too many white illuminated rooftops lately), but I think that this building would benefit with white lighting creating a silhouette highlighting the framing of the structure at the top of the roof.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

This building should have no visible rooftop mechanical structure to complement the Miesian sleekness. I'm not even going to suggest a compromise because we're talking about a tribute to Mies van der Rohe, not some also-ran.

If the mechanical looks like that of Murano's....I think it'll look great.

Really? I think one of Murano's great faults so far are those unsightly brown mechanical rooms on top.

This has probably been mentioned before, but doesn't the building like more like an office building than a condo? It would fit right in on Bay Street.

What's everyone guess as to when this project will finish?

or least have their first round of occupants?

Currently Floor 29 or 30 (one floor a week) = 14 more weeks which equals, tops out by the end of the year.

Glass will shadow the building and be fully glassed by Feb.

I currently see the interiors are being worked on the 4th floor.

Slated occupany is spring 2010....Does fall 2010 sound realistic at this point for the first round of occupants?

This has probably been mentioned before, but doesn't the building like more like an office building than a condo? It would fit right in on Bay Street.

I believe this has been discussed at several points throughout the thread, but you are correct. The building resembles many office buildings designed by Mis Van Der Rohe, including those in Chicago, Toronto, and Westmount (Montreal). The latter of which has since been converted into residential uses.

Last edited:

Back