the gaps will remain as they are present to handle the long and short term deflection of the floor slabs as well as the floor to floor discrepencies in the concrete. if they weren't there, and the spires were touching they would inevitably buckle and distort.
i find that this small gap is not unsightly at all.

makes sense

2 Left

Passed by the sales office yesterday. There are only 2 units left for sale in the building. A Mies and a PEI if I remember correctly. The Penthouse level has not been released yet but it will contain an additional 8 units. So in total there are 10 units left (including unreleased 44th floor).

Good for them, that's good news. I hope this leads to them launching their next masterpiece across the street sooner rather than later.
I would have thought that the PH units would have had larger suites.

Pizza Pizza has moved out of that building (and they even took their signage with them) so I wonder if there's already plans afoot to start clearing the site or at least to set up a sales centre.

Wow, thanks for the photos, I can only imagine this building topped-out! In my eyes this will be the best condo in Toronto. Well, other than 1 St. Thomas ;)

I hate to say it, as I am a buyer in and a lover of CASA, but X is truly spectacular. I chose CASA because of the enormous balconies. For me, 315 sq. ft. of wrap-around extra space will give my unit a very spacious feel. I hope.

Obviously a bias opinion but I think this will be one of the the best looking condo's in the city, I'm excited to see what Janet Rosenberg does with the common space and landscaping to really finish this building off. If it is anything like 18 Yorkville, then i'll be really happy

I'm really surprised to say that I haven't been one bit disappointed with the whole process with the builder, construction (panel color, glass choice), materials, upgrade prices (were very reasonable), design of the building, design team (clewes, rosenberg)

The only thing that remains is looking at the finished product and how long it takes to register.

All in all, it really is a top notch project.

Pizza Pizza has moved out of that building (and they even took their signage with them) so I wonder if there's already plans afoot to start clearing the site or at least to set up a sales centre.

Are you sure? Their sign is down but I'm still seeing people coming in and leaving. They still have their office hours posted and the lobby is accessible.

Anyone no where Pizza Pizza is moving too?

X By Night

Some obvious lighting problems from street lights, but I tried

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I like that second shot with the Rogers building behind X... I'll bet that will become a popular angle for photographers.

IMG_july-26-09-0179.jpg

Back