Higher Floors=high Speed!

Did anyone notice that there are only 2 elevators serving higher floors above 25 or 26th.

Correct..as of 25th floor the 2 elevator's will high speed from ground up bypassing the lower floors. The upper floors have their own 2 elevators. I was told by the sales office they will only stop on ground floor and third floor amenities then wisk up to the high floors!" This way the upper floor boyz don/t have to stop along the way!

PH Floor 44

Good for them, that's good news. I hope this leads to them launching their next masterpiece across the street sooner rather than later.
I would have thought that the PH units would have had larger suites.

Interesting that the original purchaser who would have had the whole 44th floor as one unit(!!)with interior courtyard changed their mind..so now they have to redesign and think about balconies..and I would agree with you..you would think they would make them larger for that xtra special floor!

Xcellent night time shots

Some obvious lighting problems from street lights, but I tried

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Xcellent pictures!! These nightshots are stunning..is there any other condo building with this kind of architecture that looks this stunning at nighttime?!

^ This kind of architecture as in a rectangular prism? There're tons around :p

i can't wait to see how this thing will light up when it's all done.

Xcellent pictures!! These nightshots are stunning..is there any other condo building with this kind of architecture that looks this stunning at nighttime?!

Thank you! One St. Thomas photographs well at night and so does The Met/Encore. I can't think of many more but I've only tried with buildings near where I live. Unfortunately as you can see, street lighting with my camera is an issue, one that will be corrected when I get a new camera in the next couple of months.

Daily Commercial News

Condo coverup in Toronto
July 10, 2009

100.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Glass work is moving upwards on The X Condos on Jarvis Street in Toronto, Ont. Tucker Hi-Rise is construction manager for the 44-storey, 410-unit project that will also include six levels of underground parking. The owner is Great Gulf Homes and the project was designed by architectsAlliance and Arsenault Architect Inc.

The Project Team
Consultants on The X Condos on Jarvis Street are: Halcrow Yolles (structural); Able Engineering (mechanical/electrical); and Janet Rosenberg & Associates (landscape). Subtrades include: ProGreen Demolition; Anpro Excavating & Grading; Cadetta Concrete & Drain; Deep Foundation Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); Canada Wide Reinforcing Steel Co. Ltd.; Italform Ltd. (formwork); Innocon Inc. (concrete supply); Primo Mechanical; Bellwood Sheet Metal Ltd. (HVAC); Speedy Electric Contractor Ltd.; Allan Window Systems Ltd.; and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.

http://www.dcnonl.com/article/id34444

I hope they paint or clad the balconies in black as well to give this a building a monolithic look.

Great high res shot! Interesting that they're using the same window design for the balcony.

Thank you, that's one of my photos, more from that period can be found here: http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=538&page=60. That section seems to be a test piece as there have been no further installations in over a month since that section was installed.

As an aside, I think it would be a courteous gesture to give credit to the originating photographer when photos are copied into a new post, whenever possible.

Back