Yeah, Charles is not a busy stree at all....its pretty average. x2 will seem like a bargain once Number One Bloor is launched. Purchasers of tower suites have already made a return on their downpayment / investment. Well, that is if all holds steady and the bottom does not fall out of the marked. Hey, heard Flaherty was on Bloomberg Financial tv today selling Canada as a great place to invest...did not catch it..

Yeah, Charles is not a busy stree at all....its pretty average.

Charles Street between Jarvis & Church, and to a lesser extent between Church & Yonge is unusually busy for a secondary street. Vehicular speed between Jarvis & Church is also very fast with people flying off Mt. Pleasant. The speed buffer seems to begin at the Church & Charles intersection.

Charles Street East is definitely busier than you'd think during the day. Cars often fly down here. I'd almost advocate putting in speed bumps (but won't). And the intersection of Yonge & Charles is rather dangerous with pedestrians ALWAYS crossing on the reds.

Charles Street East is definitely busier than you'd think during the day. Cars often fly down here. I'd almost advocate putting in speed bumps (but won't). And the intersection of Yonge & Charles is rather dangerous with pedestrians ALWAYS crossing on the reds.

That is how it is at every red light in NY

March 16th

Nothing new here except I don't recall the X2 building being so blue in the renderings. The absence of colour slashes was obvious since we got our first peek here but I never noticed the blue. Perhaps I missed it? (I know, it's just a rendering... artistic license...blah-blah).

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here....I like the podium and although it seems fairly expensive, I think I'm going to purchase. $540 psf does seem a little high but I'm sure the demand for the podium is going to be equally high. I'm going to fly over and sign within the next 3-4 days, fingers crossed.

Am I right in thinking that the podium will have its own:

elevators
reception
gym
etc
???

Iceboy

the rendering on the billboard is consistent with what was shown in the sales brochure ... perhaps the print shop 'accidentally' generated the billboard with a spill of extra blue ink ?

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here....I like the podium and although it seems fairly expensive, I think I'm going to purchase. $540 psf does seem a little high but I'm sure the demand for the podium is going to be equally high. I'm going to fly over and sign within the next 3-4 days, fingers crossed.

Am I right in thinking that the podium will have its own:

elevators
reception
gym
etc
???

Iceboy

Iceboy ... welcome to UT

To answer your questions ... NO the podium will not have its own entrance / reception / elevators / gym etc ... why would it be separate from the tower residences? the podium suites are only an intergrated component in X2 Condominiums ~

the rendering on the billboard is consistent with what was shown in the sales brochure ... perhaps the print shop 'accidentally' generated the billboard with a spill of extra blue ink ?

It's just reflected blue sky on the glass as depicted by the artist. Look lower on the tower closer to the podium and the reflection of buildings across Jarvis create a greyer cast to the glass. The north facade of the tower looks charcoal grey almost black. Overall a fairly realistic depiction IMHO.

I've spent so much time creating a duality in my mind between X and the TD Centre that I failed to give myself context for where the "podium" on X2 comes from:

stoller_2.jpg

^^^ are you sure that's one of the buildings in the TD Centre? Looks more like the Seagram Building in Manhattan to me. Though one is modelled after the other.

If you posted this photo on purpose then please disregard this comment.

Yes, it's the Seagram building. Which has a big of a podium building at its base. Which is like X2.

Just my own little mental note.

Oh alright, sorry, I missed your point.
Is the Seagram podium as old as the rest of the tower? The tv show Vertical City visited the Seagram tower recently (this season or last) and they didn't even mention the podium. It's obviously not less than 2 years old, but they tend to focus on the the original portions of towers on that show.

Back