0CB31787-D64B-4378-ABCF-4C754E510C0D.jpeg

When this project, 2221 Yonge, and 1 Eglinton East eventually get completed, I'd reckon this must be among the densest residential blocks in the entire city.

Was walking by this morning and the progress of the demolition work caught me completely by surprise!

IMG_20200831_090630.jpg
IMG_20200831_090634.jpg

They had someone on site filming the demo work, not sure if that is typical or not.

Was walking by this morning and the progress of the demolition work caught me completely by surprise!

View attachment 266774View attachment 266775

They had someone on site filming the demo work, not sure if that is typical or not.

Tribute are fairly active on social media so I can see them getting some footage to post on IG and such. They usually have someone go around once a week and tour various construction sites.

Yep, I've been watching it slowly come down as time goes on. Just the way she goes...albeit I don't mind the existing building.

I hope they don't. mess with the Canadian Tire building across the street.
Sooner or later they're going to mess with every building by renovating it or tearing it down to build a bigger building if it's close to subway station.

We'll have no right to complain about our lack of historical layering 30-50 years ago. I suppose buildings like E Condos will come down/One Bloor will get a re-clad around that time as they'll be viewed as ugly 2020 buildings. As much as some things change, other things stay the same.

Back