Lot of people hating this one. While I don't expect a lot from these architects, I'm going to wait until there's a rendering for this one before making any judgements. There's a few details in it that I'd like to see in 3D perspective and colour.

i guess...but still, there is a lot that one can glean from what we have been able to see to this point. and it's not looking good.

Community Consultation Feb 29 7-9pm YMCA

460 (454-464) Yonge St Community Consultation Wednesday Feb 29, 2012 at 6:30pm meeting 7-9pm YMCA 20 Grosvenor
Application for 60-storey (207 metres tall) residential condominium building with a 4-7 storey podium. 599 residential units, 45,550 m2 GFA http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2012/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-43351.pdf
For Church Wellesley Neighbourhood Association

Is one allowed to take photos of the renderings/massing studies/plans at these meetings? I never know which makes me feel awkward, so I chicken out and don't take photos.

p.s.
Note about the design: One thing to look at for everyone here though-- the balconies on this tower are pinched in/ creased. Look at the birds-eye view plan of the podium and look at the outlines of the tower's balconies.

I never ask if I can take pictures, I just take pics and wait for someone to ask me to stop. I usually get a good few minutes of film/pics before I get stopped.

From the community consultation meeting tonight. Detailed report coming soon. I just got home, gonna go make myself a snack.

6943774331_fc48915b66_b.jpg

Last edited:
Cool. I like it. I wish it was a bit less obvious to which building this was inspired by though

I like it. Obviously Massey Tower is better, but given that this is far from a final render, I think this one has potential.

Last edited:

Back