It's derivative of 1 Bloor, and visually close enough to 1 Bloor to make the whole thing feel unseemly... it's like showing up to a party having deliberately decidied to wear the same dress as the hostess. This deserves a bitch slap!

A 10-12 storey mid-rise plan works for me.

Objections like "too tall" and "development fatigue" get used because "it's ugly & weak" sounds too subjective.

I have no problems with the height here. They can go taller, whatever, it's downtown.

My biggest issue is with way they are treating St. Luke Lane.

This really illustrates the difference between a good firm (H+P) and a second rate firm (G&C). It's clear that 1 Bloor has provided some influence, yet they've managed to make 460 Yonge look like a dog's breakfast. There's no thought to the wavy balcony patterning, confusion about what the podium should be, and on the whole it's incoherent and messy. I really hope it gets a redesign from the ground up.

This really illustrates the difference between a good firm (H+P) and a second rate firm (G&C). It's clear that 1 Bloor has provided some influence, yet they've managed to make 460 Yonge look like a dog's breakfast. There's no thought to the wavy balcony patterning, confusion about what the podium should be, and on the whole it's incoherent and messy. I really hope it gets a redesign from the ground up.

very astute observation....pontarini has big time clout not to mention architectural chops.

ummm....yeah with a 50-storey comp next door don't think that's happening!

That is set back on Grenville, and I think that's appropriate - it's not on Yonge Street. As I've said before, I can't wait for the North Yonge Street Planning Framework to get finished, and approved to put a stop to madness like this and the 501 project.

Back