The firm in question has a questionable sense of design aesthetics; combined with a firm with a questionable history of execution will inevitably produce a disaster. Don't blame the DRP for the inability of the firm to come up with quality at the street level - other firms managed to handle that without creating monotony.

The bit about appropriateness for the neighbourhood is slightly ironic, considering the strength of the row of historical structures at the corners of Yonge/College and the scale they created vs. what the scaling of this proposal.

AoD

Last edited:
Certainly better than the One Bloor knockoff but it will all depend on the cladding. Going by past experience I'd say nothing to get excited about.

going by past experience this thing is going to be a piece of garbage, and the only thing that people should feel is anger that this hack group of interlopers are poised to deposit yet another pile of crap on Yonge Street.

Last edited:
Is anyone at Canderel reading how disappointing we are for AURA?

Why in the heavens they cannot hire a real architect or engage in some sort of design competition to come up something deserving at this corner?
This "Checked Box" is just rediculous, I hope the slow down affect the sales.

kweku:

Actually does anyone at Canderel even cares necessarily? After the disappointment that is DNA, RoCP I&II any firm with an eye to architectural quality would have done things differently.

AoD

Did the building sell? That's pretty much all Canderel is concerned with. What "we" think is sort of irrelevant.

although one does wonder how long they can get away with depositing these vertical cow patties on the city, before a real organized backlash might start.

Based on their ROCP 1 & 2, maybe a disaster at Aura we should be writing the Councillor and Planner about our concerns with regards to this project, another potential blight on our skyline on one of our most important downtown streets.

Based on their ROCP 1 & 2, maybe a disaster at Aura we should be writing the Councillor and Planner about our concerns with regards to this project, another potential blight on our skyline on one of our most important downtown streets.

i think that this is a very good idea. i would be happy to participate in any initiative that raises serious concerns about the quality of the work these schlockmeisters are foisting on the city.

Back