198.5 meters = 651.246719 feet

Not bad!

Not bad for Bay Street, bad for Yonge Street.

yonge1.jpg

yonge2.jpg

Oh God - Looks like 1 Bloor has started the Bland-Box-with-Awkward-Balcony-For-Design-Purpose trend :s

Two floors of retail and a floor of office space. That's actually an improvement on what we have (though from the rendering it looks like we'd only get three retail units back)

599 residential units, 156 parking for residents and 608 bicycle parking. It seems that, keeping up with the latest trend, most of the units will be small.

Groan!!! :rolleyes: I do NOT like the design of 1BE. I detest this. It's a bad vulgar knock-off of a bad vulgar knock-off. Poor Toronto. We are having a huge building boom and so much of it is complete garbage.

On that note, I would like to express my belief that Canderel Stoneridge is probably the worst of the crass, low-rent developers polluting our skyline with sh*t buildings. This latest "design" is exactly the kind of unimaginative proposal we can expect from a company that delivered the Residences of College Park, (two of tackiest, suburban eyesores in the downtown core) and the Newport Beach, a building that announces Toronto's embarrassingly jejune design standards to everyone driving into town on the QEW. For all of you who get hard-ons for Aura, just look at the firm's website to realistically adjust your expectations.

At least 1 Bloor makes sense to me. Aqua in Chicago has an organic look to it that looks like spilled water with a lot of randomness to it. 1 Bloor takes the idea and uses more controlled lines and a distinct and controlled pattern throughout the building - so I can respect that as it is a different feel.
This on the other hand just looks like terrible mixture of both without knowing what it wants to be.

Back