C of A application is in here to add 3 floors.

More notable is the plan to chop up all the large units into investor boxes. 152 units to 349 units

They are also seeking to remove the visitor parking.

From the Cover Letter:

1689169018005.png

Well, that was the fastest I've gotten my bubble burst in a while.

You were really hoping for the giant salad bowl of confers to replace Frank Stollery Park?

Can't say I think that would be a material improvement.

You were really hoping for the giant salad bowl of confers to replace Frank Stollery Park?

Absolutely.

You see 'salad bowl', but for me, it's a sprightly mashup of Canadian boreal forest and a mirrored 1959 Verner Panton stacking chair. It would have come down to execution, of course. Admittedly, I'm partial to that aesthetic. I have 2 of those chairs in my living room.

Last edited:

Currently, it's a space that just collects pigeon "fertilizer". If the salad bowl would help deal with that then I would say, yes...it's a significant upgrade!

...it also looked neat, IMO.

maybe The City can spare a couple of their lovely salad bowl planters that grace the front of City Hall?View attachment 492677View attachment 492678

Better still we can deposit those in the compost heap.

Very dated, and obviously in poor condition!

The Parkette is not designed the way I would have done it..........but i don't think it's that bad:

1689511964756.png

1689512007309.png

A
1689512038231.png

All pics above are Streetview

Minor variance submission shows new minor changes. The total storey count changed from 46 storey to 49 storey. Height changed from 154.80m to 167.50m. Total unit changed from 152 units to 349 units. Finally, the total parking space was reduced from 153 parking to 0 parking.

DevApp: https://www.toronto.ca/city-governm...nt/application-details/?id=5299153&pid=196230
This is the same as what @Northern Light mentioned in July right?

C of A application is in here to add 3 floors.

More notable is the plan to chop up all the large units into investor boxes. 152 units to 349 units

They are also seeking to remove the visitor parking.

From the Cover Letter:

View attachment 491754

Back