As of 1pm nothing seems to have happened on the site...
Well, 11 AM and 1 PM are two different times of day...
FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,060
As of 1pm nothing seems to have happened on the site...

the sign on the fence this morning said the parking lot would be back in business this afternoon

Good to know! I guess they did it on the Lombard side, not Richmond/Victoria.
Yep, this was on the southeast corner of the site on Lombard (sales centre is right behind their backs). The actual ground-breaking took place at around 11:45 if I remember correctly

I just need to see what is under that parking lot! Anyone have any old photos, or know of what was there?

I just need to see what is under that parking lot! Anyone have any old photos, or know of what was there?
There was some sort of strange underground parking lot, which I never saw used. They sort of dug part of it up a few years ago and filled it in.

Trucking in a pile of dirt in order to shove a few golden shovels in front of a camera is not exactly progress. The actual construction (which ksun was expecting to see) still hasn't started yet.
It's been established time and time again that the ground breaking events are ceremonies that are rarely tied to the actual start of construction. Usually they happen before, sometimes after actual start, but they are timed for when everyone they want around for the event can gather, while actual start has to do with the permits arriving and the crews being ready to roll. ksun, however, keeps expressing cynicism regarding whether this building will happen.

It will!

Indeed it will. Spring 2016 is the anticipated start for Shoring. The heritage work is extensive at the site and will take a fair bit of time to complete.

It's been established time and time again that the ground breaking events are ceremonies that are rarely tied to the actual start of construction. Usually they happen before, sometimes after actual start, but they are timed for when everyone they want around for the event can gather, while actual start has to do with the permits arriving and the crews being ready to roll. ksun, however, keeps expressing cynicism regarding whether this building will happen.

It will!

As always, you explain pretty well how the process works and how buildings are built. Ksun is just being ksun.

Back