News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I apologize for thinking you are not an immigrant. Were any your Asian relatives offended by the word "Oriental" though?
Very few of my relatives live in Toronto ... I doubt any have even heard of Rob Ford.

Mind you, 45.8% of decided Toronto voters are currently supporting Mr. Ford. A racist and homophobic bigot according to you. And that does not include me yet.
If you support someone you know to be a bigot, then you are a bigot. It's that simple.

Last edited:
Very few of my relatives live in Toronto ... I doubt any have even heard of Rob Ford.

If you support someone you know to be a bigot, then you are a bigot. It's that simple.

The polls have shown that Ford's support is far less than 45% of Torontonians ... I'm not sure why you would claim this.

So in other word, you don't know any who was offended. I rest my case.

Didn't I update my post to say DECIDED voters? You even quoted that. 34.4% of total. Based on your logic, we live in a city where at least 34.4% of the people are bigots. 45.8% of the voters who made up their mind are bigots too. How scary! LOL.

Nothing in life is simple.

nfitz...you are really out of it. if you represent those that aren't voting for ford, you've just garnered more support for him

nfitz...you are really out of it. if you represent those that aren't voting for ford, you've just garnered more support for him
Hey, if a few bigots have found out that Rob Ford is a bigot, and they support him because of it then that's life.

I have faith in Torontonians, that they are not going to elect such a pathological liar as mayor.

He keeps making comments that stereotype ethnic groups. Other politicians have also complained about his racist comments.

I'm amazed anyone would be questioning that he's a racist, it seems very well documented!

Though as only a racist would vote for a racist, it's sad to see that there are so many racists in the city.

the popularity of this rob ford character undoubtedly has a touch of that "silent majority"-type xenophobia to it, but this sort of shrill moral grandstanding reads like a right-winger's parody of the left.

, but this sort of shrill moral grandstanding reads like a right-winger's parody of the left.
Suggesting that one shouldn't vote for a bigot is moral grandstanding?

It's just plain common sense.

Would you vote for Mussolini just because he promised to run the trains on time?

rob ford is certainly an oaf, but again, there's an element of grandstanding -- a sort of breathlessness -- that is introduced into the debate by mentions of Mussolini (or for that matter, his famous ally).

The point is, that one has to consider character - not just a pledge to save a dime (even if it costs a loonie to save a dime) - and sometimes (but rarely) does character trump any other considerations.

This thread has gone off the rails and has nothing to do with diversity. We already have 2 Rob Ford threads. I vote for a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back