News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I find being beaten by Vancouver and Montreal more palatable than being beaten by Riga and Kiev, or Kyiv, or whatever it is in the Ukraine.

It's not like we've really been beaten by these places: placement on this board really on measures desperation. Montreal was the most desperate city in the world to be on the board, Riga was second, etc.

I'm happy we're sitting beside Rome - that's quite a compliment in my books.

I find being beaten by Vancouver and Montreal more palatable than being beaten by Riga and Kiev, or Kyiv, or whatever it is in the Ukraine.

Yeah, in that sense you're right, the biggest problem now is the level that their egos will inflate to, as well as another 'Toronto is inferior/not so great' argument.

Boardwalk is a bit of a beginner's mistake anyway. Looks and sounds really nice; but no one really wants to see you get the set, (you can usually get a better deal out of giving the set to someone else in exchange for a better placed group of properties), and even though there's a chance card that directs you there, people hardly ever seem to land on it.

my strategy is to secure an inexpensive set from the left-hand side (preferably oranges). Even if you have to complete someone's green or dark blue set to complete your orange, you usually end up ahead: you have houses and hotels much faster - and can usually bankrupt another player before the green set is up and running.

Owning orange & red is an almost guaranteed win.

Back