News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I'm thinking with two more floors above it, a bedroom on the top floor with skylights and perhaps a big sunroom extension on the back this could be pretty cool. That would put it over 1000 sq ft with a nice private backyard :)

The eternal optimist. You are probably thinking that lawn duty would be fifteen minutes, and snow removal with a blower would also be quickly done.

I on the other hand would have to deal with claustrophobic reactions. :)

Does anyone have any pre-renovation pics?

Everyone: Does anyone have any pre-renovation pics of this little house? Those I would like to see myself...Jog my memory! LI MIKE

You mean the 70s-looking one across from Regent Park South? Ah, but it's a 2 or 3 storey one, so it isn't "teeniest"...

Interesting small Toronto house info-and pics...

Everyone: I looked at the other small houses posted here-on such small strips of land. I noticed the web address for the 128 Day Avenue house: www.thelittlehouse.ca/ Too bad I could not find any old pics of that house there. I now remember that the people I visited back about 1990 lived on Boon Avenue-the next N/S street to the west. LI MIKE

You mean the 70s-looking one across from Regent Park South? Ah, but it's a 2 or 3 storey one, so it isn't "teeniest"...

It's the narrowest (and dates back decades). It used to be the smallest until the extra floors were added.

this is the sort of thing Londoners are regularly treated to, just before the crest of a market, a flat the size of a shoebox becomes available, usually just steps from Harrods(or somesuch).......price a mere 250k(gbp),invariably the estate agent has had 'several serious offers'..... then the market crashes.

This looks like a (slightly) overgrown wendy house.

house.jpg

They really do have it all figured out: :p

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS​

Answers to most other tiny house related questions can be found in The Small House Book.

General Information

• Where can I see a Tumbleweed house? Is there one in my area?
  • I love your ideas. Is there any way I can find out more about your philosophy?
  • Don't you feel claustrophobic in your little house?
  • Do you have a brochure that I can download or you can send me?
  • What happens in a consultation?
  • How do I place an order online?

Environment

• Are Tumbleweed Tiny Houses environmentally friendly?
  • Is it possible to incorporate green building materials?
  • Have you ever integrated any solar power into your tiny houses?
  • Are the houses warm enough and cool enough to be comfortable?

Building a house

• Can I build one of your houses straight from the presentation drawings posted on this website and in the portfolio?
  • Is there flexibility in your designs?
  • Is there space for laundry facilities in a tiny house?
  • Can I connect more than one tiny house to make a not-so-tiny house?
  • Are your houses strong enough to withstand the winds and rain of a hurricane?
  • The dimensions you list both on your website and in your portfolio are represented by three numbers, what do each of these numbers mean?
  • Do I need a permit?
  • Do the structures comply with my local building codes?
  • What kind of foundation do these houses sit on?

Buying a house

• Is the quality of these houses as good as that of a typical site-built home?
  • Why are some houses available ready-made and others not?
  • How long does it take for a set of plans to be delivered?
  • Why are the weights for some models listed, but not others?
  • Does the weight include the trailer, or is it just of the house itself?
  • What kind of utilities go into the houses?

Back