News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Which transit plan do you prefer?

• Transit City

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • Ford City

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
And they thought they would cut down on labour with LRTs. I would not be surprised one bit if the TTC started installing manned booths at each LRT stop.

They will cut down on labor, and manned booths? do you actually believe that?
What exactly do you think proof of payment and all door loading means?

They will cut down on labor, and manned booths? do you actually believe that?
What exactly do you think proof of payment and all door loading means?

POP and all-door boarding is nice. But somehow given the TTC's history (see Scarborough RT for example), I am skeptical they'll actually get to the point where they will successfully reduce their payroll costs with Transit City. The union will find a way to muck it up.

POP and all-door boarding is nice. But somehow given the TTC's history (see Scarborough RT for example), I am skeptical they'll actually get to the point where they will successfully reduce their payroll costs with Transit City. The union will find a way to muck it up.

They do seem to like putting people to work (if you could call it that). I can't believe in the twenty-first century we needs guys sitting by subway entrances, checking passes and transfers. Literally just sitting there, nodding at people as they pass by.

I saw two people in two separate stations today, jump the turnstiles. Not sure why I'm posting that, but I felt compelled to.

I saw two people in two separate stations today, jump the turnstiles. Not sure why I'm posting that, but I felt compelled to.
Perhaps because it's unusual? I'm in the subway most days, and I can't recall the last time I saw this ... though it was likely in New York City.

Why can't they run both frequent stop and express LRT's on all these routes? Express would stop only at Yonge, Bathurst, Dufferin, Keele, Jane, etc.

Thanks for proving why Transit City LRT is an utter waste of time. If vehicles aren't allowed to bypass eachother and skip minor stations then it will be inherently slow by constrast to subways or even BRT. Very poor optics on Toronto's part to not even consider having a third track through the Eglinton tunnel.

Shhh. Don't tell the TTC. They'll just end up hiring a guy to sit at every station doing turnstile jumper watch.

Perhaps because it's unusual? I'm in the subway most days, and I can't recall the last time I saw this ... though it was likely in New York City.

I have seen it a couple of times at St. Clair West Station. I have seen far more incidences of people walking into stations from the streets, and getting caught in the process.

If vehicles aren't allowed to bypass eachother and skip minor stations then it will be inherently slow by constrast to subways or even BRT.

Yeah, my subway train is always skipping minor stops, and passing other trains. It sucks for the dozen or so poeple waiting at summerhill, but screw them...I get to work 25 seconds earlier!

Back