Which transit plan do you prefer?

• Transit City

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • Ford City

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
I think urbanfan89 is right:
TC_SP_map.jpg

^That spur never made sense though, because the description always said it would proceed west on Sheppard, north on Neilson and terminate at Malvern Town Centre. The spur in your image would imply that the LRT would continue north on Morningside past Sheppard. Guess, that's why they got rid of it.

Personally, if they insist on going to Malvern though, it'd make more sense for them to go north on Morningside. Although, I'd rather see the line become an E-W Ellesmere line from STC to UTSC/Centennial then go south on Morningside to Kingston and Kennedy station.

The SRT is now prominent on the map as well with the alignment heading upto Morningside Hts (explaining why Scar-Malv is truncated at Sheppard). Personally, I feel Sheppard East LRT and the SRT should be interlined at Malvern Town Centre looping around the area via Neilson, the rail corridor and Markham Rd. The Scarborough LRT line could then be short turned at UTSC and thus avoid routing expensive LRT track through the low-density sprawl hinterlands surrounding West Hill.

The Scarborough LRT line could then be short turned at UTSC and thus avoid routing expensive LRT track through the low-density sprawl hinterlands surrounding West Hill.

It's really not much distance. It's simply going from UTSC to Sheppard. The rest of the track will be there. The cost is marginal. We could argue the merits of the line as planned. But if they are going to push through with it, there is logic in going to Malvern, not in the least because it makes sense to be able to transfer at Sheppard. Connection to Sheppard may also be needed to access a yard (depending on where they place it). Given all those advantages, I'd be hard pressed to see why it does not make sense to go the extra 3km from Ellesmere to Sheppard.

Thanks for that article, it was an interesting read. I'm glad there are some people who have a bright outlook for Toronto's future.

^You call being overtaken by Calgary as the economic and political centre of the country a bright outlook for thoronto's future? :p

He clearly did for anyone that read it ...

He said it's not likely within the next 10 years - he said it's possible it might happen in the future.

One must ask what does overtaken even mean :) economically culturally ...

Anyway, that was his opinion - it might not be shared by others ;)

I also think that, as long as Toronto keeps building on what it has economically, culturally and academically/scientifically, it will be harder for Calgary to overtake us anytime soon, much as Houston, with all its oil money, has yet to overtake NYC.

He clearly did for anyone that read it ...

He said it's not likely within the next 10 years - he said it's possible it might happen in the future.

One must ask what does overtaken even mean :) economically culturally ...

Anyway, that was his opinion - it might not be shared by others ;)

erm, perhaps you didn't get the ":p"
I was clearly kidding. ;)

Back