News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

At St. George they used the green and yellow markers to denote to two separate lines, and also a red one to show buses also. I take it the ttc never caught onto this idea as there aren't any signs like this at other stations or transfer points

29844152_6fc71b76a0_o.jpg

or the big yellow stripe either, basically what they did with the purple pipe in the sheppard subway?

75832499_1bc9dfc783_b.jpg

TTC System Map after Transit City/Future Expansion (formerly: Post Your Maps)

This is still a work in progress, mainly the northern section I haven't mapped out properly... but check it out:

The map is based on current plans only with some creative freedom :)

(see below)

Anybody else make maps when they're bored to death? post 'em ;)

There's a subway fantasy thread full of said "fireworks"

Where's Socialwoe when you need him?

Anyway, 299, is there a legend for your map? I'm having some trouble figuring out how some of those lines work. Especially since I'd cut all stops at York and/or Elizabeth/Chestnut from the 501, 502, 503, 504, 505 and 506.

Mine is here - a five-phase concept that takes into account all-day limited stop bus routes, LRT, subway and regional rail. Even nearly a year later, I'd make few changes to my plan. I even made destination signs for my Rocket Routes. Cute, no?

http://urbantoronto.ca/showpost.php?p=70732&postcount=293

yeah i was aware of that thread and there are some great ideas and fireworks in there.. the difference though is i'm focusing more on the aesthetics and design of the map as well as accuracy -- minus my mistake on the east finch line, those are pretty much exactly what will be planned in a non-scalar, diagrammatic fashion... i'm shooting more for ideas to create a replacement subway/rapid transit/streetcar map for when these lines get going... the new LRVs will be good because they will have room for more passenger information within the vehicles, such as maps. fantasy maps are cool still though :)

like i said, the one above is a work in progress.. i just started it this afternoon killing a lil extra time at work.

My advice would be to shrink the picture size and make the picture itself a link to the original size :p

Wow someone actually took the time to catalog every stop along the 501 :eek:?

The map's okay but may I suggest someone create a ring line through the downtown and post it here for fun?

Here's my coordinates...

Start at Parkside Dr/Queensway. East on Queensway/King to Dufferin. South on Dufferin to Lakeshore West GO Corridor. East on Lakeshore/Front to Jarvis Street. Northeast from St Lawrence to King/Sherboune. Veer southeast through Distillery, Portlands. Northbound on Leslie. Westbound on Queen. Northbound on Parliament. Westbound on Gerrard. Veer southwest through Ryerson and continue west on Dundas. Veer south on Spadina and continue westwards on Queen back to St Joseph's to complete the loop.

Sure it doesn't do much for the suburbs but trippers east of Leslie and west of Parkside would at least minimize commuters from the Beaches/South Etobicoke. Most importantly we'd get a stop close to every major point in the core.

Just looking at this you can see how the RT is just going to stick out like a sore thumb.... so I can sympathize with the RT to Subway fans to an extent (though I have my own other opinions)

btw, can a mod change the title of the topic to:
"TTC System Map after Transit City/Future Expansion (formerly: Post Your Maps)"

I think it'd be more appropriate because this isn't a "fantasy" map thread, but a representation of what will be for the time being.

Excellent TTC proposed System map!

299 Bloor: Can you somehow post a printer-friendly size of your map - or give me instructions on how to downsize it so I can print a copy? That map took some imagination-and work.
LI MIKE

I've created a PDF of the file that surprisingly is only 73KB...

TorontoRapidMap.pdf (73KB)

You can open it in Acrobat and when you print, specify "fit to page" for whatever size paper you choose to print it on.

There's some errors that I've picked up that I'll clean up when I get a chance, in addition to adding notation for GO Transit connections and accessible stations (though by the time this map is "accurate", all the stations will be accessible, hopefully, so that wouldn't be needed)

Nice work 299, very professional, downright sexy. ;)

Agreed. It does look very professional. My only comment/criticism is that the subways are indistinguishable from the Transit City lines.

Gorgeous map, without question. However, it's distressingly typical of the parochial thinking in Toronto. Borders set in the 1800s and lines drawn in the 1950s are sacrosanct. There's no acknowledgment of the real dimensions of "Toronto"; no wider vision. Two or three stops in Richmond Hill and a handful of soft, mushy arrows of blue postulation are the only timid bows to the realities of a city already verging on six million. This is imaginary! This is can be anything you want! You don't have to hem it in with the TTC's current mandate; in fact, it's thinking like that that will doom it to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Why are you content to confine the boundless future to the limited boxes of generations past?

Back