News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I'd be curious if you took out the homeless population downtown that chooses to dart out into the middle of the street, with zero concerns for getting hit, what if any impact that would have on the figures. I don't drive a lot downtown, but have definitely had a relatively high proportion of close calls.

Uhhh no thanks. Restrict right turns on red at trouble intersections, but a blanket ban on right on red at every intersection is a bad idea.

Uhhh no thanks. Restrict right turns on red at trouble intersections, but a blanket ban on right on red at every intersection is a bad idea.
Challenge is that a lot of variance is what causes confusion. Hence the Valley line troubles and my weekly experience as a biker. Even though all those intersections have signs about no turning.

IMG_5722.jpeg
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/edmonton-driving-speed-limit-city-study#

Positive news!

I wonder if we’ll see a move toward 30km/hr speed limits in neighbourhoods at some point.

Pedestrian hit by vehicle in a hit and run.

On my way to work today along 100 Ave heading east, I had just crossed 109 st and noticed a rider in the bike lane heading west toward 109 st and as he was approaching 109 he slowed right down. I thought that was strange because the light had to be green still. So when I looked back to the intersection a City Of Edmonton van was covering up the bike lane while waiting for pedestrians before he could turn right. But it's No Right Turn on Red. So annoying.

Back