News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if it is really going to include a Marshalls? This would be the first in Canada.

anyone else catch the streetcar going backwards? :p

A step up from other big box developments which leave neighbouring streets in unfriendly conditions. I agree that this should be an opportunity for green roofs.

Hmm.
It kinda reminds me of the "Fashion Outlets" of America, but I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing... :rolleyes:

In its infinite wisdom, the green roof by-law excluded low rise buildings like these, which in my professional opinion couldn't be better hosts for green roofs. Instead, they are mandated on condo roofs hundreds of feet up in the air where they are far less likely to survive and barely going to make the slightest impact.

The industry that remains in the area makes it more difficult to build a lot of residential, but it'll probably happen as the area evolves. Currently, the planners want residential built at least 100 metres away from a polluting industry like a meatpacking plant or rubber factory (both of which are still represented in the area). The height of residential buildings is limited because of emissions plumes. Some of these plants may relocate in the short term future, making it easier to redevelop the big-box lands and other properties along this stretch of St. Clair.

As for this development, expect it to generate more streetcar ridership. It embraces the avenue. The area has the transit and a decent amount of pedestrian traffic (despite the low density) to allow this development to function less like a suburban mall and more like a main street.

I always love pedestrian friendly designs:

StockyardsGarageEntry.jpg

I live in the area and I got to say this mall looks great! I will be able to walk to everything I need and the neighborhood will get a much needed update.

I would also like to see the following stores or shops:

AMC Movie theater = they have a great deal with Boston Pizza
Silvercity = Great Scene points program
Apple Store = Best electronics
Nike Store
Moxies = Great food
Milestones = Scene points at this restaurant
Dance Club = Would bring a lot of night life
Bowling alley = Great family fun
Putting Edge = Great family fun

Thanks! I can't wait!

Back