8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

urbanfan89

Member Bio
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen "incidents" on the TTC involving a passenger and a worker? How do they react, and what really happened?

This afternoon I was taking the 53 bus from Pacific Mall to Finch subway station. Somewhere between Bayview and Leslie two teenage boys went on the bus and haggled with the driver before spitting on him. He immediately said that was an assault and that he was calling the police, after which the two boys ran off and we were left for about ten minutes before everyone moved to the next bus.

The driver of the next bus asked us to leave contact info for anyone who witnessed the incident.

I've been assaulted on a TTC bus, but as a passenger. Thankfully they take incidents quite seriously, but things like plastic shields aren't in my mind, a viable deterrent. The rage will only be directed elsewhere.

I was reading a story about a Mississauga Transit driver recently who has suffered from assault from passengers. He had a bag of vomit thrown at him. Can you imagine? What is wrong with people? Absolutely disgusting.

Stupid people and their class-mindedness.

No TTC worker, no matter how rude to you they may be on a bad day, EVER deserves to be assaulted or treated like that. It really is disgusting and sad.

I am always polite to TTC workers and try to say hello and how are you, that kinda thing. But yes, sometimes they can be bitchy. Just try not to take it personally I guess.

asking the question "what isn't wrong with people" may be quicker to answer.

It can't help but make you mad though. I think, now with cameras in place the penalty for such an act (something as severe as you indicated, throwing a vomit bag on someone ... which btw is extremely dangerous) should be punished severely no matter the age ... 5 year minimum ... something along those lines.

Throwing a vomit bag is certainly more disturbing than a spitting or a punch, because there's no way something like that is "sudden" - 5 years sounds about right, unless there some serious other issues with the person doing something as disgusting as that.

Throwing a vomit bag is certainly more disturbing than a spitting or a punch, because there's no way something like that is "sudden" - 5 years sounds about right, unless there some serious other issues with the person doing something as disgusting as that.

There's actually the potential to catch diseases as well (I was told) i.e. aids if the vommiter was suffering from that ... not sure how true that is though.

Well that's what happened on an episode of OZ :)

If passengers would be more vocal in dissuading improper behaviour among themselves, then it would certainly have a positive effect on improper behaviour towards drivers.

i bet when transit riders hear of people people tossing things off of highway overpasses on to the traffic below causing accidents, they say to themselves "yet another reason why I don't drive a car".

everything has its pros and cons. you gotta use what method is practical to you and try not to make rare events dictate if you should take a bus or take a car.

asking the question "what isn't wrong with people" may be quicker to answer.

Ya, I know.

I doubt it's just transit drivers of buses who have had issues like this or similar. I would think drive thru employees and the like have experienced some bad treatment too.

actually one time I went nuts at a business depot because the customer lady "or you going to buy anything? If not please leave?"

Lol rather stupid of me but I went nuts yelling, threw a bunch of erasers at her.
Kicked the counter. I went back into my car and started laughing saying that was rather stupid of me...

So If a regular person like me can go crazy, I must imagine what really crazy people do??

Back